Clean/polish pontoon aluminum railing help

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

kenfly

Clean/polish pontoon aluminum railing help

Post by kenfly »

Im in the process of fixing up the Pontoon and getting her ready for the spring and summer. The aluminum railing is in need of some serious love. I want to give it a good like new shine. Looking for any help or suggestions on how to polish it up. Is there any good products out there, i bout some 3m polish and some never dull, but i think i need to get in it a little deeper. It has a good little bit of oxidation on it. thanks
Salt Life
Location: I come from where the river meets the sea Live Oak Island

Re: Clean/polish pontoon aluminum railing help

Post by Salt Life »

Check out SHARKHIDE . From what I have read the BEST out there. Do your research ..... I am putting it on my toon.
BE GOOD AND FISH OFTEN
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

whatever you do, DO NOT use steel wool.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Salt Life wrote:Check out SHARKHIDE . From what I have read the BEST out there. Do your research ..... I am putting it on my toon.
I agree. I want to but that on my pontoons. As for a good cleaner NAPA auto sells a very good cleaner under its name.
The Back Porch
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Salt life that stuffs look awesome, may have to try that, thanks tally ken gonna call them tomorrow and check out that cleaner, is it called just an alum cleaner?
Charlie P
Site Sponsor

Post by Charlie P »

Flitz works well at cleaning oxidation and shinning railing.
Rogan
Site Sponsor

Post by Rogan »

Stop by your local auto parts and pick up some Alum Acid. I've been using it to keep my trailer clean for years. It wont hurt plastic. It will clean those toons and rails like nothing else. Spray it on and hose it off. Done!
"No, I dont remember where I last had it, if I knew I'd go get it" ...
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

I picked up some alum cleaner and a chrome cleaner which I think as the acid in it your talking about, read it on Flitz website said they use that then use the polish, I have some 3m polish I'm gonna try but it is a small container of it . May order a bucket of that Flitz polish or some of that Sharkhide stuff. Gonna try and test maybe this weekend if the weather is gonna be better than last. Ill post my results, thanks everyone