Missing Person FYI

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dial Tone

Missing Person FYI

Post by Dial Tone »

Some of you Gentleman know him or know of him. FYI
The Franklin County Sheriff's Office Investigations Division is currently working a missing person case on a local Lanark Village resident. CODY DIORIO was last seen on Monday April 1, 2013. If anyone has any information that may be beneficial in finding Cody please contact the Franklin County Sheriff's Office at 850-670-8500.
MarkM

Re: Missing Person FYI

Post by MarkM »

Do you have any more info?
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

Praying for his safe return
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Is he the guy that pulls scams on people in that area?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Sounds like JT51 may have put him in one of his holes! :wink:

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Hope that he's alright :thumbup: but he may have ripped off the wrong person and is paying his dues this time :roll: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Being a good bit east, don't know the kid but have at least a few friends who do. Know he's faced quite a bit of trouble, but young as he is hope he's found safe & sound and finds a way to get fully straightened out.

Story I saw said his truck was found empty along with his cell phone, and that the truck turned over and ran fine when it was found. Here's the flyer that the Franklin County Sheriff's group put out:
Missing.jpg
Missing.jpg (58.04 KiB) Viewed 3386 times
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

Also see that friends on facebook have shared another photo... for those that know him, might help if y'all can advise if he last had short hair or long hair. Looks a bit older in the close-cropped cut so guessing the photos in the Sheriff's flyer might have been a bit dated?
Facebook Post.jpg
Facebook Post.jpg (69.79 KiB) Viewed 3380 times
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
culrich
Site Sponsor

Post by culrich »

He has a shaved head right now, saw him on Monday! Hopefully he turns up safe!
NO FLUKE!!!

LANARK MARKET!!!!
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

Latest info that I heard is that he has a warrant for his arrest and they feel that he disappeared to avoid arrest :o That would be better than most of the scenarios that I have thought of :thumbup: :beer:
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Post by slowroller »

Sounds like some foul play, but im no detective. :smt009
big bend gyrene

How many days does it take to identify a body? Even with bare-boned skeletal remains, usually if it's suspected to be a certain individual dental records make it an almost instantly verifiable thing to do.

Sure no police-basher here, so suspect there's a reason for delaying the sharing of confirmed identity, but it begs the question "Why?" If no foul play is suspected, is it because there's evidence he committed suicide? This case has seemed bizarre from the get-go, and with a body being found close to where his truck went missing, how did dogs not find it / buzzards not make clear something was near worth investigating?

Wonder if the public will ever be let in on the details of this case? Again, just has seemed bizarre from the very beginning.