1981 Boston Whaler 22 foot Outrage

Need to buy or sell something, post it here.(Only Sponsor Businesses Please)

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

JCC

1981 Boston Whaler 22 foot Outrage

Post by JCC »

I have concluded that I have at least one boat too many. This is most likely the extra one. With trailer. The boat is a 1981, it is not pristine. It is in good condition, and in my opinion at least average. I get compliments on it and there is certainly nothing embarassing about owning it. For its age it is good looking. There is nothing to my knowledge that one would need to spend money on. T-top, electronics box, leaning post, marine radio, music radio, Garmin bottom unit, wired for Garmin GPS (but someone helped themselves to the actual unit), nice varnished wood along gunnel top and in deck hatch. Notched transom. No bottom paint. Trim tabs. Dual batts under console with selector. I like BW and the low maintenance, no fuss hulls. I found this one in Lafayette La almost ten years ago with Yamaha power and drove to get it. In buying a different boat a couple of years ago, I took a 1998 Yamaha 225 OX66 and had Mike' Marine put it on this boat. It runs fine. I've not had any trouble with that engine at all. I live in Georgia but have a house near Carrabelle. I moved this boat up here to be a lake boat. When wife commandeered the boathouse slip for her pontoon, this one got pushed out. I have not tried to sell it. This is the first sniff at moving it. If someone thinks they would have some serious interest in exploring purchase of boat, motor, and trailer for 10k, speak up. I don't want to haul it to Florida unless someone is serious. Of course you can always drive up here. 4 hours from C'belle. I can and will get pics to those interested. Otherwise it looks like every other early 80s 22 outrage that you can google.
DeanMac

Re: 1981 Boston Whaler 22 foot Outrage

Post by DeanMac »

Sounds like you must be close around Westpoint, I am about an hour or so North.

I don't need another boat, but you
Might want to try this site, it gets a bunch of activity and the folks I have meet have all been nice.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/forum.php

Good luck to you on your sell
Take a kid hunting or fishing and you will be rewarded.