2013 Redtrout Shootout Results

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

2013 Redtrout Shootout Results

Post by Jumptrout51 »

WHOSE FISH IS IT?
reelbad

Re: 2013 Redtrout Shootout Results

Post by reelbad »

Thanks for posting Steve, I read the part about the protest rules and it seems they have expired. I guess the folks that are angry about the fish catching will have to wait till next year. Oh yea, bring your $250 protest money in cash.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

My personal opinion is that when there is more than 1 person on a boat there is a very GREY area of interpretation of the regulation. My other personal opinion is that 60% or more of the participants had a similar circumstance. My other personal "knowledge" is that this circumstance occurs almost every fishing trip by any of us. That is regardless of fish over slot or fish over personal limit.
Back in the TeamSeatrout days,nearly every "TEAM" that won would have to forfeit winnings based upon the recent complaint,whether it was over 20 fish or the limit of fish.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Jumptrout51 wrote:My personal opinion is that when there is more than 1 person on a boat there is a very GREY area of interpretation of the regulation. My other personal opinion is that 60% or more of the participants had a similar circumstance. My other personal "knowledge" is that this circumstance occurs almost every fishing trip by any of us. That is regardless of fish over slot or fish over personal limit.
Back in the TeamSeatrout days,nearly every "TEAM" that won would have to forfeit winnings based upon the recent complaint,whether it was over 20 fish or the limit of fish.
This kind of say's it all, and very wrong. This law is not new and not "GREY". Other violations of the law, does not change the law! The law is the law! If you don't like it, go thru the proper channels to change it!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

If it is so CLEAR why is this statement in the preface to the Regulations?
The absence of complete laws, rules and regulations in this summary does not relieve persons from compliance with those laws, rules or regulations.
The summary referred to is the SALTWATER REGULATIONS published by FWC.
Why must a person wanting to catch and keep a fish have to have a stack of Florida Laws and Statutes in the boat to reference for compliance?
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Most boats i see use the "LAW STICK" --- it contains all the information necessary to understand the laws of this state. Funny, you post the explaination that basically states if you are unable to understand what 99.99 percent of other fisherpersons, this does not give you an excuse to violate the law.

You wrote:
"Why must a person wanting to catch and keep a fish have to have a stack of Florida Laws and Statutes in the boat to reference for compliance?"
Are you serious?