Brown Stains

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

setty7

Brown Stains

Post by setty7 »

Hey guys ever since the pollen got here I am having brown stains on the floor of the boat. Soap and water didnt get it up. What do yall suggest? Thanks for any suggestions.

Setty
Dixiewreckd

Re: Brown Stains

Post by Dixiewreckd »

Adult Diapers? :beer: :-D
mraquatics

Post by mraquatics »

I park under an oak tree an often have such issues. I will let a little soft scrub sit on it, otherwise rust remover can work. Probably not the best for your gel/glass, but it has worked many times for me.
Michael K
"What does a fish know about the water in which it swims its whole life?"
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Assuming your boat is fiberglass- Starbrite Hull Cleaner. However, don't breathe the stuff and make sure you rinse it off of your trailer.
Ty one on

Post by Ty one on »

"Bar Keeper's Friend"....Lowe's, ACE....for all stains inside and out....scub or just let it sit and rinse.
If we were all crazy, Wouldn't that make us all normal.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Star brite slime and grime stain remover. Spray it on, stains disappear
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Post by DEMON »

Attwood mildew and stain remover works well also.
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

50/50 mix of CLR remover from Lowes/Home Depot will take it right off - need to add some spray wax afterwards.

Alot cheaper and goes a long ways over the more expensive stuff.
slayer

Post by slayer »

I go to dollar General and get the cheapest "soft scrub" with bleach that they have.....squirt it on the deck and floors.....then I take cheap bleach and add to the cheap soft scrub....use a stiff bristle brush and spread across everything......let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse off with a hose....looks like the day it came out of the mold.....and she is ready for a coating of Eureka fluid Film (woodys wax replacement $8.00 per bottle)

I know there are many that gasps when they read this.....but $3.00 and 15 minutes of time, mine will look as good as anybody elses....with no negative impact to the gelcoat
2006 Nautic Star 2200 bay
2015 Suzuki DF225
Garmin 93SV
Uniden Oceanus VHF
Minn Kota Riptide ST 80 I-Pilot

One half of Team Redneck !!!!!

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

slayer wrote:I go to dollar General and get the cheapest "soft scrub" with bleach that they have.....squirt it on the deck and floors.....then I take cheap bleach and add to the cheap soft scrub....use a stiff bristle brush and spread across everything......let it sit for 10 minutes and rinse off with a hose....looks like the day it came out of the mold.....and she is ready for a coating of Eureka fluid Film (woodys wax replacement $8.00 per bottle)

I know there are many that gasps when they read this.....but $3.00 and 15 minutes of time, mine will look as good as anybody elses....with no negative impact to the gelcoat
I betcha slime and grime works better. And it won't bleach your clothes. It was designed to do exactly what you want. Removes stains on a boat deck. The active ingredient is oxalic acid. It works great. And no waiting. I have a 16 oz can of powder that you mix. I have only used half in 7 years. Can't beat that price
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

Custom Detail, Tom Wheeler he can get it clean for you.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Have them all the time when the oak is shedding "worms".

Just take and mix a half water/ half bleach solution and spray on. Leave for about 5 minutes and them wash good with soapy water to remove the bleach.

Some will say no bleach, but I have done it for years and never had a problem. Boat is still new white! Trick is to wash it with soap after a few minutes to remove the bleach residue.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.