Econfina 5/9

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Econfina 5/9

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Just a quick report. Cindy and I put in at the landing at 9 am. Out to a beautiful day on the water. Water temps were 74-78 and the water was nice, with just a light chop. Fished 4 ft to 9 ft of water, caught plenty of 14.5 inch trout. Also never had so many trout follow the lure right to the boat, but not hit it, or hit it and spit it out at you!

You know, every year, I catch a bunch of 14.5 inchers and think, ahah!, next year they will be over 15, but never seems to pan out. :-?

Water out 8 to 9 ft was clear, could see the bottom. In around 4 to 5 feet, grassy and coffee colored...

Back at the ramp loaded up at 5 pm.

We wound up the day with 4 keeper trout, 3 rock bass, and a nice 15 inch flounder.

Wonderful day on the water with my Fiance!

The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina 5/9

Post by Redbelly »

:-D :thumbup: Gotta luv b'n there!
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

ever year we say they will be good to go next year but it is fun to catch a bunch
of fish even if you have to put them back in the drink
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

You need to marry that gal and keep fishing. I see a wonderful life ahead of both of you. Thanks for the report!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

SS-342 wrote:You need to marry that gal and keep fishing. I see a wonderful life ahead of both of you. Thanks for the report!

Better make sure she is really a fisher of fish and not just fishing for a husband. My wife would go fishing or hunting or whatever until we got married and then all of that ended pretty quick after the wedding cake. :smt009
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

MudDucker wrote:
SS-342 wrote:You need to marry that gal and keep fishing. I see a wonderful life ahead of both of you. Thanks for the report!

Better make sure she is really a fisher of fish and not just fishing for a husband. My wife would go fishing or hunting or whatever until we got married and then all of that ended pretty quick after the wedding cake. :smt009

Well, When she looks at you and says" "You had better take me fishing this week!", I am thinking she will continue on even after nuptials.....She is a keeper :-D

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

With all of those followers, what bait were you using? If we catch a bunch of shorts on jigs then we usually switch to live pinfish, which usually brings fewer but larger fish.
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Dubble, I joke not... fish or no fish, that picture you posted shows EXACTLY why I'm happy after dang near EVERY trip out of big bend area. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

i know the feeling mudducker i can hardly get mine to go now since we have been married too.
tabb

Post by tabb »

There is a lot of things they stop doing after you get married. :smt007
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

tabb wrote:There is a lot of things they stop doing after you get married. :smt007

My Fiance saw this post and said "Yeah, and there is a lot of things the men stop doing after they get married too!"

She has a valid point..... :o

Dubble :thumbup: