CATCHIN ST MARKS

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

FUTCHCAIRO

CATCHIN ST MARKS

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

MY YOUNGEST SON , DAVID, AND I HIT THE GULF THIS MORNING ABOUT 9:30 THIS MORNING, WANTED TO WAIT FOR THE TIDE TO START FLOWING IN. LAUNCHED THE BOAT WITHOUT A HITCH, ENGINE CRANKED RIGHT UP. STOPPED AT THE BAR IN FRONT OF THE LIGHTHOUSE WITH NO LOVE. AFTER ABOUT 30 MIN. OF THIS WE HEADED EAST OVER TO THE FIRST POLE, STRAIGHT OUT FROM STONEY. WE CAUGHT SEVERAL SMALL TROUT AND THREW BACK, THEN IN CAME THE LADY FISH, I BET WE CAUGHT OVER 100, MOSTLY ABOUT 14-15INCHES LONG, IN ALL THE COMMOTION WE BROUGHT IN 2 PRETTY GOOD SIZE BLUES. WE CAUGHT A TOTAL OF 6 TROUT AND HAD 2 THAT WERE 18 INCHES LONG WE CARRIED HOME. I HOOKED A RED THAT LOOKED TO BE ABOUT 40 INCH LONG, I GESTIMATED SHE WOULD WEIGH ABOUT 20-25 POUNDS, FOUGHT IT FOR ABOUT 30 MIN. AND SHE FINALLY TORE LOOSE. WE LOST 3 YO-ZURI PLUGS THAT WERE BRAND NEW. ONE OF MY SPINNING REELS CAME APART BUT I MANAGED TO GET IN THE NEW LINE I PUT ON ALL THE REELS YESTERDAY. THE WIND WAS JUST RIGHT, WHEN WE FIRST GOT THERE IT WAS OUT OF THE S.EAST AND LATER IN THE DAY IT TURNED TO THE S. WEST AND PICKED UP ALITTLE.
IT WAS GREAT TO BE OUT ON THE GULF WITH MY BEST FISHING BUDDY, DAVID, SON I REALLY ENJOYED BEING WITH YOU EVEN IF WE DID NOT LOAD THE BOAT, HAVE A SAFE TRIP BACK TO TEXAS.
THE OLD MAN IS PLUMB TUCKERED OUT, JUST FINISHED CLEANING THE FISH AND IN THE FRIGE, THINK I WILL FRY ONE OF THE TROUT UP FOR LUNCH TOMORROW.
HAD A LEAK SHOW UP ON THE OLD TIN CAN, I HOPE I CAN PUT A PATCH ON IT, I AM TOO OLD TO BE LOOKING FOR ANOTHER BOAT.
ALL AND ALL HAD A GREAT TIME ON THE GULF .
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Re: CATCHIN ST MARKS

Post by guthooked »

Sounds like y'all had a great time together.
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Good report PA! Wish I was fishing with my dad instead of working today.
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Post by slowroller »

Can't beat that! Glad you got out!!
Welby
Site Sponsor

Post by Welby »

Good report PA. Always enjoy hearing you got to go.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Pa: Your fishing report will have all those Lady Fish eaters watering at the mouth. Catching is always fun no matter what you catch or hang. Sounds like you had a good day with your son.

Make me think of this song: " I'd give all I own, if I could but atone (be fishing), with that silver haired Daddy of mine!"

I bet your son enjoyed it just as much or more than you.

Thanks so much for the good report!
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Post by robbankston »

:thumbup: sounds like a good day
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THANKS FELLAS FOR THE REPLIES, WE DID HAVE A GREAT TIME TOGETHER. I HAVE ALWAYS TRIED TO SPEND AS MUCH TIME WITH OUR CHILDREN AS I POSSIBLY COULD AND IT IS PAYING OFF NOW. ALL OF OUR KIDS HAVE MADE US PROUD, THEY ARE GREAT.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
mjsigns
Site Sponsor

Post by mjsigns »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote: I HAVE ALWAYS TRIED TO SPEND AS MUCH TIME WITH OUR CHILDREN AS I POSSIBLY COULD AND IT IS PAYING OFF NOW. ALL OF OUR KIDS HAVE MADE US PROUD, THEY ARE GREAT.
PA
SEMPER FI
Thanks PA great words of wisdom you are passing along. It is good to hear you and your son went fishing together one more time and had a good exciting day on the water... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: In August, my son is headed of to Basic Training and will start a 4 year hitch with Uncle Sam. salute2
Time is the most precious commodity we have in life, stay focused.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

DANG MIKE, DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE A SON GOING INTO THE SERVICE, IT WILL BE GOOD TRAINING FOR HIM. WILL LEARN HIM DISCEPLINE AND HOW TO PAY ATTENTION TO DO A GOOD JOB.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Sir reel
Site Sponsor

Post by Sir reel »

NOTE TO DAVID... Good JOB!! :thumbup:

Mike... Tell your Son we appreciate his service.
"Good Judgement" comes from experience, ... and a lot of that..... results from "Bad Judgement".
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I'm with you PA. Fished with my Dad on Thursday and my son on Friday. Even if we had not caught a single fish it would still have been the best day ever. :thumbup:
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

Glad you got to go Earl and it's a good thing you didn't toss those skippers any of your old topwater plugs; you'd have never seen 'em again. And that rose bush you gave me is still alive! Amazing! Took a fellow to that last place you and I fished. We got over 40 trout with three limits. He also pulled in a 21 inch red. That's the last time I am taking him.
OD
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Good job, Pa. Glad you and your son got out a caught a few. I went with my Dad Friday, and even though we didn't catch a lot, it was still a great day. A day on the water with loved ones is priceless. :smt004
Yours in the South
jslorenz3

Post by jslorenz3 »

Nice report PA I got out with my dad this past weekend out of Ponce Inlet in New Smyrna Beach and got on some Mahi. Fishing with my Dad are my best memories growing up and I wish I could do it more often.
Scalp 'em Noles!
FSU Class of 2016
Civil Engineering Major