St. Joe/Mexico Beach in June

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Xpress

St. Joe/Mexico Beach in June

Post by Xpress »

I am going on a mini vacation June 6th for a few days to Mexico Beach and I was wondering about the inshore fishing around St. Joe/Mexico Beach area I have never fished this area. I always fish Ecofina/Aucilla area. Is there any tips or tricks anybody can give. Or places I need to avoid. I have a 20ft xpress so I want to try and stay away from the deeper rougher water. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D
MuleTrainGA

Re: St. Joe/Mexico Beach in June

Post by MuleTrainGA »

Usually, as long as the wind is below 15 mph in the bay you can find somewhere to fish. Take a look on google maps and get a good idea of where you can go from each landing... (Presnells, City landing, and the intercoastal landing) One of the biggest differences is the fact there there isn't the oyster bars and the creek mouths to fish so you will mainly be fishing the flats. A aluminum boat is great for the bay because many parts of the bay are so shallow. Great place to fish and crystal clear water.
Trevor Moncrief
Fisheries Biology Class of 2014
Warnell School of Natural Resources, UGA
zload
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Joe/Mexico Beach in June

Post by zload »

Mexico Beach has some really close in artificial reefs so if you get really nice weather you may be able to hit a few of those for Red Snapper as well as the normal inshore stuff. Never fished the Bay as I've been lucky enough to hit good weather most of the time so I was able to get out deeper. You can get a book at most any tackle place that lists the reefs with GPS #s and proceeds go to the reef assoc.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150