IFA redfish tour tv show

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

IFA redfish tour tv show

Post by Salty Gator »

I just finished watching an IFA redfish tour show filmed in Titusville. If I understand correctly, there is still a 1 redfish per person limit there. The third place team had one angler catch both fish. He was on film clearly catching the second fish while his partner was measuring his first fish. No DQ and no mention of breaking the law. They walked away w a big third place check. Just sayin
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: IFA redfish tour tv show

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Don't let grasshopper and rockyg see this post.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

3. FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS: All contestants are expected to obey all
applicable federal, state and local regulations and laws. Violation of such rules may result in
your disqualification from the tournament. Repeated or flagrant violations will result in said
contestants being banned from future participation in Inshore Fishing Association
tournaments.

17. SCORING: Tournament standings, auxiliary awards and final winners shall be determined
by the total weight measured in pounds and 100th of a pound of each teams catch during the
tournament. Only Redfish/Red Drum will be weighed and the limit shall be 2 fish per day per
team. The prevailing rules as set forth by the Inshore Fishing Association along with federal,
state and local statutes and regulations bind all competitors.
Contestants will at no time have in
their possession in the live well more than the tournament limit of fish. Tournament official
length for Redfish will be according to the STATE LAWS in the state in which that event is
being held. All Redfish will be measured with mouth closed and with pinched tail. Any fish that
appears to have been penned, mangled, mashed, mauled or otherwise altered will not be
weighed at the discretion of the weigh master. Redfish must NOT be placed on a stringer at any
time during the tournament.

Same ole grey areas. Whose fish is it......wink wink. If everyone does it that makes it alright.....right?
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

But was there a fish fry at this tournament??? :lick:
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Rocky, I read your post and I'm not 100% sure, but I think Titusville has a 1 red per person limit. If so, and he caught both fish, on film for everyone to see, it must be ok with IFA. Unless there was a DQ after the show was filmed. I have no way of knowing that. I'm strictly reporting what I saw on tv. You can probably find online or on you tube. 2013 Titusville IFA redfish tour sponsored by cabellas.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

That's it. Nice work JT
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

No telling from the video if they culled his first fish or not. I believe the IFA tour is sanctioned by FWC as a cull tournament.
cotton

Post by cotton »

I don't have a dog in this hunt, but I can't sleep.
In 2004, FWC issued a special permit to IFA. Whether that was done for the titusville tournament, I did not find.

http://www.redfishtour.com/tournaments/ ... recap.html

"Once again, thanks go out to the Florida Wildlife Commission for issuing culling permits allowing all teams to cull. "

In 2003, no permit existed, and FWC stated tickets would be issued:
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/200 ... sh-culling
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

My dog is on the front porch on our couch! :-D
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

It looks to me that both went into the livewell. And the other angler said " we are there now" suggesting that they have two fish to weigh. First fish was 6.5#, second fish was 25.5". Look at their total weight for he day. I guess that it the way some (if not most) people tourney fish. If you don't you may be at a disadvantage.
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

I'm not going to jump trout onto the bandwagon and criticize these boys.....they look like good boys to me. :lol:

I was VERY happy to see that they release some, most or maybe all of the fish after the tourney. (I'm sure a few go home for dinner)

That's my kind of organization. :beer: :smt004
― John Dutton
Chalk

Post by Chalk »

Read statement 2 -http://www.myfwc.com/license/saltwater/ ... ournament/

Note Daily bag limit - pay attention to vessel limit and note it says nothing about who - http://www.myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/ ... /red-drum/

IFA gets cull tournaments for each tournament and they are specific to certain counties. The last IFA that I fished was in Panama City - they had cull permits for Bay and Gulf county - we fished Franklin county - so we had to think real hard about what went into the livewell.

That video is 8 hours total of fishing - so if you think that is how it really laid out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmx4twCK3_I[/video]
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Excellent info Chalk. I had heard about "cull permits" but had never seen any factual info on them.

The IFA looks like it would be a fun tournament circuit to fish.
― John Dutton
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I don't think they culled any fish. One guy caught 2 and the other said " we are there". Meaning we have 2 fish to take to the scales.