Light house - 6-4

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Badbagger

Light house - 6-4

Post by Badbagger »

Put in about 9:30 and it was a tad overcast and just as we're pulling out a couple of lads were coming back in and said "it's raining out there" and proceeded to hold up a fairly large net that was snapped in two... "Redfish said the gentleman".. obviously had no desire to be netted. Just as we eased out, the skies opened up and time to put the bimini up. We headed towards the Lighthouse ever so slowly and the rain eased up some and eventually stopped. About 11 am the wind started to pickup and it wasn't horrible but it made it tougher to fish.
For our efforts, 2 shorts, one big speck blow up on a Zara Spook and shortly there after one big Red sure wanted that Zara but just couldn't find it lol. Water temp was 79, stained and murky and all in all, better than working.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Light house - 6-4

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the report. Sometimes it goes like that but I've never failed to learn something.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

Good report I fished bottoms rd thru all of flood tidethis morn. Same wind conditions, I was back in my truck by 1 and thats when it started to rain for real there . I could see the rain u were in comming down yhis morn.slim pickens for me, 2 keeper trt, one on a mirrodine ansd the other on a gulp/float rig. a couple shorts and a ladyfish
jslorenz3

Post by jslorenz3 »

Always better to be on the water
:smt045
Scalp 'em Noles!
FSU Class of 2016
Civil Engineering Major
Sun Daze

Post by Sun Daze »

I was running by the lighthouse yesterday just as the rain was starting. Headed east as soon as I gout out of the river mouth and headed my areas. It was right at 10 or so and before 1 I had a limit of trout and one nice flounder on ice. Trout ranged from 17" to 22". Caught 16 trout and some trash fish in there. Good day on the water!