loran to gps conversion

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

josejman

loran to gps conversion

Post by josejman »

Good afternoon fellas!
I recently started to convert some older Loran #'s I have had for years and am in need of a little help. The conversions are never exact, but they can be more precise if I can calibrate them. I can do this in the program "SeaMarks" by adding waypoints for which I have time distance as well as accurate GPS coordinates. My plan was to use the Airforce Navigation towers (C,K,S,V,O) but then that bubble was busted when I noticed I just have the published GPS #'s for these (stupid me never remarked them) which are Loran conversions themselves. For the calibration to work I need true GPS #'s that are accurate and marked in the field. Was wondering if there was anyone out there that has any of these numbers and would be nice enough to shoot them my way? I know... these are top secret right :D thanks for any help in advance!

Jose
josejman

Re: loran to gps conversion

Post by josejman »

No takers? Should of gone without saying but I am willing to convert loran #'s if needed
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I'm mostly an inshore fisherman, so I don't have those numbers logged, but I pulled them up on my navionics app. See if this helps
V 29 25.010 n
84 20.631 w
C 29 31.844 n
84 24.722 w
O 29 32.443n
84 37.039
K 29 39.961
84 22.204

Hope this helps. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I couldn't find the s tower. I saw one that was unmarked, so I'm not sure if that was it. Give me an idea of where it is and ill look again. I don't have any loran numbers to convert, but I love grouper throats :D :lick:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

C-Tower

29.407 N 84.863 W (29°24'24" N 84°51'48" W)

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
josejman

Post by josejman »

Thanks guys! Appreciate the help. Been busy this past week so did not get to do anything fishing or boating! maybe next week :D