Power Pole

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

rocket
Site Sponsor

Power Pole

Post by rocket »

Will a Power Pole draw any current when not in use? I wouldn't think so but I seem to have a draw on my battery and everything is behind the battery switch.
Stay Thirsty My Friends
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: Power Pole

Post by Dubble Trubble »

This direct from Power Pole Manual. Apparently, even in hibernation, the control does draw 45 mA current.

Q: Will the C-Monster HPU drain my battery when it is not in in use?
A: No. Although the HPU should be powered off via a battery switch when stored, the
amperage draw on your vessel’s battery during hibernation mode (45 mA) will be
negligible. By default, the HPU will go into hibernation mode after the Power-Pole is idle
for (3 minutes). The green LED on the HPU case will flash noticeably slower when the HPU
goes into hibernation mode.

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
mbweimar

Re: Power Pole

Post by mbweimar »

If you have multi-meter, pull the positive cable off your battery, connect the red lead to the positive batter terminal, and the black lead to the battery cable. You're meter should now be in series with your battery cable. Be sure the multi-meter is set on DC amps. If you see a draw on the battery, start pulling fuses one by one until the draw goes away. you might have a couple of things pulling very small amounts off current.