Scalloping around Panacea?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rhodes

Scalloping around Panacea?

Post by Rhodes »

I'm headed down to Panacea this Friday to do some fishing and maybe scalloping as well. I've never scalloped before and was wondering what are the closest scalloping grounds to Panacea. I will be putting in at Mashes Sands and thought about heading over to the grass flats around the Shell Point area but I seen a thread about E-Coli in the water? What's that all about and are there any other places to scallop within a boat ride from Mashes Sands? Thanks in advance for any helpful advice.
ced0412

Re: Scalloping around Panacea?

Post by ced0412 »

Lanark is the only place I've read about there being enough scallops to bother looking for them.

It would be about a 20 mile run from the O river, and across open waters that get nasty in the afternoon.

I would just tow the boat to lanark if you want to scallop, it's only 30 mins or so from mashes.
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Re: Scalloping around Panacea?

Post by robbankston »

ced0412 wrote:Lanark is the only place I've read about there being enough scallops to bother looking for them.

It would be about a 20 mile run from the O river, and across open waters that get nasty in the afternoon.

I would just tow the boat to lanark if you want to scallop, it's only 30 mins or so from mashes.
Yep. Plus the water is so dark (like chocolate milk) right now you'd never see the shark until he latched on. :lol:
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton