Back Home for the Weekend 7/26 7/27

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MuleTrainGA

Back Home for the Weekend 7/26 7/27

Post by MuleTrainGA »

Got home from Brunswick Thursday and needed to get a little fishing in. Seeing the NW winds predicted on Friday, I knew I had to give it a try. Called up and buddy and got out before sunrise. Had 5 Reds by 9:30 and headed to the trout spot. Tannic water was everywhere and seemed to have pushed the trout off a little. Saw nearly 1,000 gars dotting the surface while we fished. A little saddened by this outcome we headed home with my mind trying to figure out why and how the trout were not there.

Saturday, I took my pops out since he hadn't been in a while. We went out of the econfina in hopes of trout. Water was way too dirty for me to go search for redfish so we headed out for trout water right away. Got about a mile off, nothing, two miles, catfish land, 3 miles, small trout. Finally we got beyond three miles and started catching some fish. Ended up with our limit and a great day on the water.
29"
26"
The "Table Pic"
Pops 22"
Trevor Moncrief
Fisheries Biology Class of 2014
Warnell School of Natural Resources, UGA
chris.harris388

Re: Back Home for the Weekend 7/26 7/27

Post by chris.harris388 »

Great catches! What depths did you find the trout? Bottom fishing or pop cork?
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Back Home for the Weekend 7/26 7/27

Post by SS-342 »

chris.harris388 wrote:Great catches! What depths did you find the trout? Bottom fishing or pop cork?
Same questions I had in mind.

Great pictures and good story.

Thanks
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP