Sat Lanark Report

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Sat Lanark Report

Post by tallykenj »

image.jpg
image.jpg (30.22 KiB) Viewed 3817 times
Saturday was one of the best days I've had in a while. I was going to fish out of St. Marks but Greenbone asked if I wanted to head to Lanark. My daughter, Claire, and I jumped on the idea. We met early in the morning and got some yummy Cuban sandwiches at Jerry's on the way to Larnark Village.

We launched shortly after sunrise and headed to a few spots that have produced in the past. For the first few hours we weren't having the luck we hoped for. It was pinfish after pinfish. Of course, Claire was catching most of them. We had a few trash fish mixed in (catfish, stingrays, ladyfish). The closest we got to a keeper was a nice size bluefish, which Greenbone kept to give to someone who likes to use them for fishcakes.

On a positive note, the water was crystal clear in a few places. It was a joyous welcome gift. I forgot how beautiful it can be. I can't wait to see it that clear in Rock Garden again. A few scallops mixed in would be nice too.

Around 11:00 our luck began to change. It happened as fast as flipping a switch. I landed a nice trout and began to wonder if it was going to be the only one. A short time later, as I was doing all morning, I was helping Claire remove a pinfish from her hook and then the sound we all dream about was heard. I quickly debated on tossing the pinfish overboard or into the live well. I opened the well and chucked it in before grabbing my rod. I immediately realized it didn't feel like the trash we had been catching. Greenbone was excited and immediately sure it was a red. I was reeling him in and thinking the whole time that I didn't want to loose this thing. I was praying that I would land him. As it approached the boat, it was clearly visible and looking big. We pulled him aboard and found him to be just over 24". We were all very happy.

A short time later, Greenbone brought another nice trout topside along with a respectable 23+" red. Another bluefish followed and then the switch was turned off. It was turned off just as fast as it was turned on. We tried several other spots. No luck! The 30 minutes of fun was over.

We hit the boat around 1:00 and headed back to Tally. Greenbone gave me his red and trout. What a guy. He takes me fishing and gives me his fish.

By the way, a message for Carson from Claire, please sell ice cream in your store!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (34.9 KiB) Viewed 3817 times
Last edited by tallykenj on September 17th, 2013, 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Back Porch
robbankston
Site Sponsor

Re: Sat Lanark Report

Post by robbankston »

:thumbup:
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week. -George S. Patton
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Glad you got on some fish.
Carson,I second the ice cream/
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

Ken, it was a perfect day--- Had a great time fishing with you and Claire. A few screeming drags, a few fish in the box, and off the water before it got real hot. Something about taking a kid fishing- she was more excited about that baby pin fish and little trout. We need to do it again soon.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Good report. Andrew and I fished just East of you guys up in Alligator Harbor. We chose to go there just because we hadn't ever been there before. We caught two limits of trout, but no reds. Saw some tarpon and big sharks. :thumbup:

Steve Stinson
President
Meridian Surveying and Mapping, Inc.
pastorterry

Post by pastorterry »

Steve how deep were ya'll fishing in the harbor?
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Pastor Terry -

Check your PM on this site or give me a call at (850) 509-3116.

Thanks
culrich
Site Sponsor

Post by culrich »

Glad you had a good time and caught some fish! The ice cream is happening for Claire NOT JT! :lol:
NO FLUKE!!!

LANARK MARKET!!!!
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

culrich wrote:Glad you had a good time and caught some fish! The ice cream is happening for Claire NOT JT! :lol:
PFT!
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Tidedancer
Site Sponsor

Post by Tidedancer »

Jumptrout51 wrote:
culrich wrote:Glad you had a good time and caught some fish! The ice cream is happening for Claire NOT JT! :lol:
PFT!
Sounds great!! :lick:
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the exciting report. Sometimes a fish is caught when you least expect it shooting down my theory of the POWER OF CONCENTRATION. Don't you like it when the drag screams! Sounds like you all had a wonderful and memorable day.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Looks and sounds like a fun great day with family and good friends:)