Eternal Life

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wevans
Site Sponsor

Eternal Life

Post by wevans »

A guy is walking along a Florida beach when he comes across a lamp
partially buried in the sand. He picks up the lamp and gives it a rub.
A genie appears and tells him he has been granted one wish.

The guy thinks for a moment and says, "I want to live forever."
"Sorry," said the genie, "I'm not allowed to grant eternal life."
"OK, then, I want to die after the Democrats balance the budget and
eliminate the debt.
"You crafty little bastard," said the genie..
:-D :-D
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
RiverRunner

Re: Eternal Life

Post by RiverRunner »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :lol:
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

:lol: :lol:
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Boom! :smt005 :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Skeeter-Bite
Site Sponsor

Post by Skeeter-Bite »

:D :-D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

wevans wrote:A guy is walking along a Florida beach when he comes across a lamp

eliminate the debt.
Actually Wevans, Bill Clinton did it already, or at least until Bush took over, so the joke is only funny if you have a short memory. So soon we forget, no? :-D
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

EddieJoe wrote:Actually Wevans, Bill Clinton did it already, or at least until Bush took over, so the joke is only funny if you have a short memory. So soon we forget, no? :-D
Because during a shutdown Newt forced him to change directions and take CONSERVATIVE actions... just saying, Eddie Joe. :beer: If only we could be so lucky this time. By the way, worth noting only speaking on politics because you walked through that door first. :thumbup: :wink: :lol:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

EddieJoe wrote:
wevans wrote:A guy is walking along a Florida beach when he comes across a lamp

eliminate the debt.
Actually Wevans, Bill Clinton did it already, or at least until Bush took over, so the joke is only funny if you have a short memory. So soon we forget, no? :-D
Drunk again? That urban legend has been debunked for years. Only funny accounting that ignored all of the unpaid bills allowed such a lie to be told! :smt012
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

big bend gyrene wrote:
EddieJoe wrote:Actually Wevans, Bill Clinton did it already, or at least until Bush took over, so the joke is only funny if you have a short memory. So soon we forget, no? :-D
Because during a shutdown Newt forced him to change directions and take CONSERVATIVE actions... just saying, Eddie Joe. :beer: If only we could be so lucky this time. By the way, worth noting only speaking on politics because you walked through that door first. :thumbup: :wink: :lol:
Well, you are half right, anyway. The joke was political to begin with, and clearly so. My response didn't make it political, but by responding at all I wound up in the game. My sin was in not just ignoring it like I do most of the political stuff that gets nudged in frequently on the fishing pages. If I griped about it every time I would be pretty busy on that, and frankly, that's not my focus and it is not fun. I post on here and read the forum for fishing information, and you seem to be one heck of a good fisherman. I really like reading about fishing and sharing my own fishing knowledge, however limited it might be.

EJ
Gumbo

Post by Gumbo »

All of these debates come down to which numbers you choose to believe. Lots of information out there now could lead one to the conclusion that Obama is spending less than the previous President and is acting to lower the deficit. Other information would indicate that spending is the same or increased. Yet other persuasive information could lead to the conclusion that he is a free-spender who has tripled the deficit. And yet even more information might lead to the conclusion that the interest on the deficit is driving the deficit no matter what we do with spending.

Very smart people with very different political views come up with these numbers. Very smart fisherman with very different political views choose which ones they believe. None of us know to a certainty which are spot on. If there was one answer, well, there would be one answer. We all act in accordance with our political, social, religious and personal views. And we vote for people who, at least we hope, will reflect their our beliefs with their votes. It's not perfect, no one has all the answers and debate is at the foundation of our country.

So I join EJ in saying that I enjoy the fishing knowledge I've gained with this forum and hope I've given a few people a report that got them on some fish.

P.S. Large schools of mackerel in East Pass.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

Gumbo wrote:All of these debates come down to which numbers you choose to believe. Lots of information out there now could lead one to the conclusion that Obama is spending less than the previous President and is acting to lower the deficit. Other information would indicate that spending is the same or increased. Yet other persuasive information could lead to the conclusion that he is a free-spender who has tripled the deficit. And yet even more information might lead to the conclusion that the interest on the deficit is driving the deficit no matter what we do with spending.

Very smart people with very different political views come up with these numbers. Very smart fisherman with very different political views choose which ones they believe. None of us know to a certainty which are spot on. If there was one answer, well, there would be one answer. We all act in accordance with our political, social, religious and personal views. And we vote for people who, at least we hope, will reflect their our beliefs with their votes. It's not perfect, no one has all the answers and debate is at the foundation of our country.

So I join EJ in saying that I enjoy the fishing knowledge I've gained with this forum and hope I've given a few people a report that got them on some fish.

P.S. Large schools of mackerel in East Pass.
Well put! I agree.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Politicians lie worse than fishermen! You can not double the US debt at a time when tax revenues are reaching new highs and be anything but a free spender. I've meet no liberal who can stand up to a debate. Numbers don't lie and number show that in large part the demorats power is based on the low information voters and a small group of "intellectual" elites. For some reason, college professors fall in large part for demorat ideas, but then they are employed by the state for the most part and most could not make it in the non-academic world. On the other hand, numbers show the Republican party has a higher average IQ. Having said this, the present leadership of both parties are mainly concerned with their power and not with service to the US. I am ready to kick all the bums out, go back to unpaid legislative service and a requirement that they are subject to all laws they pass for the rest of us.
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

I was going to be a politician for Halloween, but I couldn't get my head up my azz.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.