Anyone Fished St. Marks Lately?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scalp Em

Anyone Fished St. Marks Lately?

Post by Scalp Em »

I'm thinking about heading out from the Lighthouse Saturday morning? How has the bite been?
bigphishy

Re: Anyone Fished St. Marks Lately?

Post by bigphishy »

the water has cleared up quite a bit. last week we were succesfull with a strong inshore bite fishing shallow rock piles and creeks. we caught fish on almost we threw at em. pm me if you would like more details
Scalp Em

Post by Scalp Em »

PM sent bigphisy, I'm fishing out of a J12 Carolina Skiff and am a little apprehensive about fishing the rock garden
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Just got back from a kayak scout trip on Stoney Bayou, east of the lighthouse. Wish the November NFGFC tourney was today. No reds, but the trout were attacking lures and bait like it was the last supper. My limit weighed just over 11 lbs. Only tiny raindrops as I was leaving, so I expect the water to be pretty clear on Saturday. Note that tide will be quite low by 1pm, so launch accordingly.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Post by captkeyser »

GaryDroze wrote:Just got back from a kayak scout trip on Stoney Bayou, east of the lighthouse. Wish the November NFGFC tourney was today. No reds, but the trout were attacking lures and bait like it was the last supper. My limit weighed just over 11 lbs. Only tiny raindrops as I was leaving, so I expect the water to be pretty clear on Saturday. Note that tide will be quite low by 1pm, so launch accordingly.
EXCITING!!! Good report Gary. :thumbup:
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

GaryDroze wrote:Just got back from a kayak scout trip on Stoney Bayou, east of the lighthouse. Wish the November NFGFC tourney was today. No reds, but the trout were attacking lures and bait like it was the last supper. My limit weighed just over 11 lbs. Only tiny raindrops as I was leaving, so I expect the water to be pretty clear on Saturday. Note that tide will be quite low by 1pm, so launch accordingly.
Where do you launch Gary?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

When fishing Stoney Bayou, I wheel my kayak for about 1/2 mile, then launch at the big water control structure that divides the East Pool from the bayou.
Scalp Em

Post by Scalp Em »

Great to hear Gary! I plan on sinking a few cold ones at the birds nest at low tide, hopefully they'll be a little slimy by then :D