Keaton Beach Report 11/16

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Codyh18

Keaton Beach Report 11/16

Post by Codyh18 »

Fishing started a little slow first thing yesterday morning we started fishing about 8 am and we were limited with 15 trout 2 blue fish, and a Black Sea bass by 1:00. Best fishing was in about 2-4 feet of water, we caught most of ours almost right up on dekle beach. We caught most of them on new penny gulp and white gulp with chartreuse tail!
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Keaton Beach Report 11/16

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the fishing report and the details. Sounds like ya'll had a good day.

Maybe my wife and I can go this week?
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
grasscarp

Post by grasscarp »

How was the wind? Good catch by the way
The Flats Fox

Post by The Flats Fox »

That is some good, meaningful reporting. Thanks and congratulations.
carolinaskiff238dlv

Post by carolinaskiff238dlv »

We also started out around 8:00. We ended the day right after lunch with a 20 fish limit of trout measuring from largest being 24" , 22.5" & 19.5". My nephew also caught a lovely 24" red. We had a blast. Great times on the water with family and friends is hard to beat. The wind was not bad at all. Just a little chop for a couple of hours then it was nice and calm. We caught them on everything from redfin being the most productive bait to new penny gulp under Cajun thunders. They were absolutely on fire. Best day in a long time. Oh yeh we also culled quite a few.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

carolinaskiff238dlv wrote:We also started out around 8:00. We ended the day right after lunch with a 20 fish limit of trout measuring from largest being 24" , 22.5" & 19.5". My nephew also caught a lovely 24" red. We had a blast. Great times on the water with family and friends is hard to beat. The wind was not bad at all. Just a little chop for a couple of hours then it was nice and calm. We caught them on everything from redfin being the most productive bait to new penny gulp under Cajun thunders. They were absolutely on fire. Best day in a long time. Oh yeh we also culled quite a few.
You did have a good day! Thanks for the report.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The Back Porch
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

Sounds like the past six weeks have brought what the summer rains messed up. All that rain will be a good thing in the end.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Good reports y'all. Just FYI I just read something that said culling trout was illegal in Florida. I knew it was illegal to cull reds, but I didn't know about trout. If true, you probably don't want to incriminate yourselves on a public forum. :beer:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
carolinaskiff238dlv

Post by carolinaskiff238dlv »

new one to me too.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Salty Gator wrote:Good reports y'all. Just FYI I just read something that said culling trout was illegal in Florida. I knew it was illegal to cull reds, but I didn't know about trout. If true, you probably don't want to incriminate yourselves on a public forum. :beer:
I understand what you mean but in this case they "MIGHT" have decided not to keep any trout caught in the 15" range and released them immediately upon catching. That would be a form of culling which couldn't be illegal, would it?
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

SS-342 wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:Good reports y'all. Just FYI I just read something that said culling trout was illegal in Florida. I knew it was illegal to cull reds, but I didn't know about trout. If true, you probably don't want to incriminate yourselves on a public forum. :beer:
I understand what you mean but in this case they "MIGHT" have decided not to keep any trout caught in the 15" range and released them immediately upon catching. That would be a form of culling which couldn't be illegal, would it?
That's not culling, that is catch and release. Culling is when you take a fish ( that is in possession) out of a livewell( or stringer) and release it. So if it goes in the livewell,it is your fish, you cannot catch a larger one and keep it while letting the small one swim.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven