Got restocked on lead weights for free!

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Got restocked on lead weights for free!

Post by Rhettley »

Lead-bandit had a contest for 10 pounds of sinkers recently and I won it. The owner is a 25 year old young man who is working hard to make it successful. He let me pick any style or size weights that added up to 10 pounds and sent them very quickly. I'm impressed with his business. He is offering a $5 flat shipping rate and his egg sinkers go for $2.56 a pound. Check out his site. He's got a wide variety of styles including decoy anchor weights, cannon balls, pyramids, bank, etc. The ones I got all were nice looking with the weight readable and the holes were not jagged.
http://www.lead-bandit.com/

I'm all for shopping local and shopping prices. I've seen a wide variety in pricing and availability at the local places I've been in. It is another good option and he's a young man with his own business and not some big box store.

Golforfish?

Re: Got restocked on lead weights for free!

Post by Golforfish? »

Just checked out the site. I have been needing a downrigger weight. Thanks.
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

What do you use the little round ones for?
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I got a 2 ounce and a couple of 3 ounce ones just to try them out. I'm thinking using it like a drop shot rig for catching larger baits, sheepshead, or black sea bass on lighter line rigs. They might work for dragging a short leader with a bait across the bottom. Since they were free I figured I'd try 3 of them. It's not a style you see around here very often.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for posting the information.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

He's mainly on The Hull Truth forum but he has a Facebook page. If you look on The Hull Truth he is offering discounts for folks registered there. I think it's 8% off right now.

I don't know what prices are running at the coast in the local stores right now. I was a bit shocked when I looked around online at the difference from place to place. A single 10 oz barrel sinker at BPS was over $4 ($4.19 I think) plus shipping. Other places had cheap prices but the shipping was outrageous. If lead keeps going up we'll be doing like the old timers and using old spark plugs for weights.