Im At My Wits End

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Im At My Wits End

Post by Scoop Sea »

Gents: I am still having heating issues with my dryer. It's a relatively new dryer and as we have discussed on here before, it appears to be due to the lack of "exhaust" associated with the venting system. I have purchased and installed the adapter recommended, I have cleaned the outside pipe (continuosly as water always seems to get in there),I have unplugged and plugged back in the dryer to "reset" it, I have replaced the vent piping (lack of words here), and I even made a platform to raise up the dryer so that it was more in line with the dryer exhaust vent in the wall. I don't know what in the heck else I can do to make this thing work better. It's taking 2 or 3 cycles to dry normal clothes and undoubtedly costing me a fortune with electricity.

Any and all suggestions are welcome (besides taking my clothes to a wash/dry/fold). I don't know what else can be done, but by-gumby if one of you has a suggestion that you think will work, please feel free to shoot it my way.
"Be Careful Not To Confuse Motion With Progress."
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Re: Im At My Wits End

Post by Dubble Trubble »

One thing I have not seen that could be the issue.

How tightly is the room where the dryer is sealed. Even if you have a great vent system, if the dryer is in a laundry room with tightly sealed doors and windows, not enough air will be moved. To test it, simply run a cycle with a door or window open.....

Reading it again, water constantly being in the vent tells me that not enough heat or air is going through there. My vent never has moisture in it.
Another simple thing is to get a thermometer and check the exit air temps, and also be sure there is a large volume of air moving.

Dubble
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
wevans
Site Sponsor

Post by wevans »

If there's water in the vent, I would suspect that the WASHER is not spinning out the water properly!!
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.”
HewesMan

Post by HewesMan »

Make sure that the exhaust pipe is 4". A 3" will do but can cause some issues, especially if not clean or a really long run with a 90 elbow or two.
BOON

Post by BOON »

Have you tried running a cycle with the outlet hose unhooked to see if that will make it work correctly. If it still won't dry in one cycle with the outlet hose unhooked, you have something else going on.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

One other question:

Is this a NEW issue or still the old one. Here is your post from back in January 2013.

"It took a while to get by Home Depot to get the periscope/set up JT advised me to get, but I did last week and WOW what a difference this new set up made. The clothes are drying like they should in literally half the time they were drying before. A big ol shout out and THANKS to JT for providing the guidance on getting this issue resolved. I really do appreciate your help with getting this problem solved."

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Check the blower wheel.
I may be loose on the motor shaft.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
RodBow
Site Sponsor

Post by RodBow »

I may be loose on the motor shaft.
We know you're a little loose JT :o
use your opportunities ...

218 Carolina Skiff
25 Bayliner Deck
Pangler
Site Sponsor

Post by Pangler »

I'm with wevans. If your dryer appears to be working correctly, your washer might be the culprit!
Hiljun

Post by Hiljun »

I had the same problem a few months back. To make a long story short when I would push the dryer back it would put a bend in the vent hose were water would collect. I would run the dryer 2 and 3 times. So if you haven't already make sure the vent hose is straight and check it for accumulated water. Once I got the hose straight it dried great.
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Thanks guys for the tips, I think the issue may be found in two places (thanks for narrowing it down for me).

The first possible issue and most likely: The room is extremely tight and there must not be enough airflow getting through. My wife can run a load of clothes and not have a problem for the most part, however, when I do them, the problem exists: THE DIFFERENCE: I can't stand to hear the dryer run, so I make sure the laundry room door is shut. My wife however doesn't care and she runs it with the door open. I'm thinking this is going to be the issue as this was an issue with our last dryer and our new dryer.

The second possible issue: washer not spinning out enough water. I don't think this will be the issue as I do a helluva lot of laundry when I'm in town and dripping or too wet of clothes going in the dryer would drive me crazy.

I'm gonna start running with the door to the room open and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'm going back to my roots and putting up a dang clothesline. I probably should do that anyways. When I was a kid I had to hang up the clothes before I went to school, it'd be a good lesson for my kids to learn......

thanks again for the advice.
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Glad to hear I could maybe have helped.

One thing a lot of folks forget when venting to the OUTSIDE is that you must have the same flow of air coming into the room where the dryer is.

One solution to the problem of the noise is to simply put in a screened vent into the room from the outside. Make sure it is at least 1 inch larger than the dryer output vent. Then, you can shut the door!

Dubble :thumbup:
Scoop Sea
Site Sponsor

Post by Scoop Sea »

Thanks Dubble, I believe we got the problem identified Dry the clothes with the door open and it goes well. Thanks again for your help.
bman

Im At My Wits End

Post by bman »

We use a clothes line about 1/2 the time. Nothing like sun dried towels! And it saves on the power bill!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

bman wrote:We use a clothes line about 1/2 the time. Nothing like sun dried towels! And it saves on the power bill!
X2 on that bro!
Team Jolly Mon