Another boat mechanic question- Suzuki in SW GA or FL?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Another boat mechanic question- Suzuki in SW GA or FL?

Post by Rhettley »

I haven't needed a mechanic for the 2004 Suzuki two stroke 150 yet but I know there will come a day when I will. I think there is a place in Apalachicola that works on Suzuki but that's a bit far. Is there anyone in the SW GA area or Tallahassee, St Marks area? From searching for dealers it looks like Parkway Marine in Tally and Outdoor Pursuits. I'm guessing Parkway is my best bet. It does show the motorcycle place in Albany but I don't believe they service outboards. I'll call and ask but I don't know if I'd trust them without a personal recommendation.
captkeyser
Site Sponsor

Re: Another boat mechanic question- Suzuki in SW GA or FL?

Post by captkeyser »

You can always check with Pete at Sunshine Boats in Tallahassee. He is a certified Yamaha master mechanic, not sure what he knows about Suzuki motors, but I am willing to bet he does. 850-576-5134
Worth a shot! Good luck.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Rhettley wrote: It does show the motorcycle place in Albany but I don't believe they service outboards. I'll call and ask but I don't know if I'd trust them without a personal recommendation.
I agree! It might run away from you if they work on it.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Shields Marina in St. Marks is a Suzuki sales and service dealer. They also handle Evinrude, Yamaha, Honda and now Mercury outboards, too.

850-925-6158
shieldsmarina.com
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

I'll call Pete and ask. I called Parkway on the phone and they do work on them and are becoming a dealer in the next few weeks. They are waiting on paper work.

So I have Parkway and Shields to chose from. Parway would be closer but I guess I could leave it at Shields and plan a fishing trip for the day I pick it up. Hopefully it will keep on running like a top though.

Any thoughts between these three?
Rainman
Site Sponsor

Post by Rainman »

I've used Jacks Boats over in Perry and have no complaints. When i got mine back in 09 they were about the only suzuki guys around.
Old Dog
Site Sponsor

Post by Old Dog »

Joe's Motor Service in Hartford, AL, (west of Dothan about 25 miles) is excellent. They are a full service Suzuki and Key West dealer. I have been letting them do my Suzuki service for the last thirteen years.
OD
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

Outdoor Pursuits is closed.