Places to stay in the keys over Christmas?

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bpac
Site Sponsor

Places to stay in the keys over Christmas?

Post by bpac »

The wife and I are planning on heading down to the keys over Christmas. Any recommendations on places to stay?
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Re: Places to stay in the keys over Christmas?

Post by Greenbone »

Try Matecumbe Resort 305 664 8801
mile marker 76
Christmas is premium time, good luck
I have a time share here and go every June, very clean, nice people
On ocean side but 3/4 mile to bridge for bay side
Resort has nice pool, boat ramp,and all units are fully furnished 1 beadroom apts
They will rent by the day or week, better call asap for reservations

Greenbone
Don
Hoxnan

Post by Hoxnan »

If you're into camping - RV & primative alike - I'd take a look at Bahia Honda State Park. The park itself is beautiful, and the campsites they offer are gorgeous and incredibly affordable! Great proximity to Key West, and not too far from Marathon and the rest of the upper Keys either. I stay there for the opening week of lobster season in August, and even in the heat you couldn't ask for a better place to stay.
ontiltttttt

Post by ontiltttttt »

If you're looking to camp I'd suggest the Sugarloaf Key KOA. I stayed there last year and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It's adjacent to a fishing bridge and I was fortunate enough to tussle with a hound fish, some juvie yellowtail snapper and a nice sized shark right from the bridge.
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Some additional info as to what type of trip and specific key if known would help with suggestions. I'm familiar with several of the smaller independent hotel/motel places on Islamorada. If I was going to just hang out and fish would probably consider them as they usually have on site ramps, boat slips, trailer storage(a premium in the Keys) etc. If I was looking for a high end resort type of trip probably not. Price range will be a factor was well.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150