Port St. Joe. 5/4/14

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Currentsituation

Port St. Joe. 5/4/14

Post by Currentsituation »

I have been reading this forum for a few months and always look forward to reading the posts as a Monday morning ritual. Since I see none today and I went fishing yesterday I figured what the heck...

started off at 8 AM- Went out to 150(+-) ft of water and immediately started catching fish but a great number of snappers were a snapping! We were catching 4 or 5 snappers to every red grouper we caught but if you could get your bait to the bottom it was a sure thing! Most of the time the bait was gone before it got to the bottom with a single/ slight bump so I decided to cut up some bait fish since it will stay on the hook after multiple bits/ fish. It paid off from having to check bait consistently and I could focus on the big red hitting my line. About 11:30 or 12 somebody hit the kill switch and the bit was non existent. So we picked up and went out to 200 FT (man that a long way up with a 20Lb snapper just to turn him loose) Ahh my Back! The bite turned back on about 2 and we got into the scamp pretty good, boating 4 or so :lick: The day was rocking on so we decided after not finding much grouper in 200 Ft to head back into our first holes that had originally shut off earlier in the day. We did pick up a few beeliners and 2 more reds in between the 20 more snapper we had to turn back loose. Total 12 red grouper, 4 scamp, ? beeliners. .....and plenty of empty beer cans.

All in all great day on the water and now plenty of grouper to serve on mothers day!

fireant21
Site Sponsor

Re: Port St. Joe. 5/4/14

Post by fireant21 »

NICE!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Good first post, glad y'all found them. We went for gags on Sunday and our bite shut off around noon also.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Slough
Site Sponsor

Post by Slough »

:thumbup: :beer: :thumbup:
LAWRENCE AUTOMOTIVE-LAWRENCE AUTO PARTS
BIG SLOUGH KENNELS
Rhettley
Site Sponsor

Post by Rhettley »

200 ft out of St Joe is a nice little boat ride. About 45 miles one way... Nice catch! Too bad you couldn't bring the red ones back with you.
MarkM

Post by MarkM »

Nice!x 2
Ranaman

Post by Ranaman »

Now that's what I'm talking about! Great first post!
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The Back Porch
bman

Post by bman »

Very nice!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"