St Marks 5-7-14

Use this area to post offshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Nambleman

St Marks 5-7-14

Post by Nambleman »

Been quite awhile since I've last posted a report here, But I'm back! Took the boat out of the fort with a friend and pops at about 9am. Water clarity not too good, pretty rootbeerish looking. Beautiful day over all, besides all the wind that hit us later on. Tried for some bait fish around the lighthouse with only a couple to show. Headed east to some rocky bottom. Managed to pick up a barely legal flounder. Soon after that we headed directly south to 22 feet. About half way there we decided to troll. Man, was that a great idea! Almost immediately we found some fat Spanish! Forgot how much these guys fight for their size. Once we finally arrived to our spot, we dropped down with the few pinfish we picked up. Friend hooks up with something very large and shortly after that I'm hooked onto a fighter. Next thing I know I bring up a solid 28" gag and his brought him into a hole. No good! Eventually we had to cut his line. After that ordeal things seemed to slow down, so we headed in at about 5:30. Overall, not a bad day on the water.

Total fish kept:
1 28" gag
3 Spanish makeral with the biggest at 24"
1 12 1/2" flounder
Nambleman

Re: St Marks 5-7-14

Post by Nambleman »

ImageImageImage

Sent from my LGMS500 using Tapatalk
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Can't beat a good day on the water and looks like you and your friends had a GOOD DAY!

Thanks for posting.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

Nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
The Back Porch
Tidedancer