Lake Sinclair

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

timmy0257

Lake Sinclair

Post by timmy0257 »

I will be spending the weekend with some old classmates of mine on Lake Sinclair in Milledgeville. Anyone know much about it? I don't want to carry my 7'6" pole on the roof if I won't have much use for it.

Thanks
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: Lake Sinclair

Post by MudDucker »

timmy0257 wrote:I will be spending the weekend with some old classmates of mine on Lake Sinclair in Milledgeville. Anyone know much about it? I don't want to carry my 7'6" pole on the roof if I won't have much use for it.

Thanks
Lake Sinclair can be a good place to fish, but most fish it from a boat for striper/hybrids. Dock fishing for bream can be okay at times. Best to find someone who fishes it regularly to take you.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
pastorterry

Post by pastorterry »

Sinclair is considered one of the best largemouth lakes in the state. It is also a great hybrid lake. If you have boat access you can cruise late in the day looking for schooling hybrids. I will check with a buddy and get back to you on the largemouth bite.
5 Happy is he who has the God of Jacob for his help, Whose hope is in the Lord his God,
6 Who made heaven and earth, The sea, and all that is in them; Who keeps truth forever, Psalms146:5-6 (NKJV)
timmy0257

Post by timmy0257 »

22' Carolina skiff so we will be able to get around out there. I'll take any suggestions.
timmy0257

Post by timmy0257 »

I figure i would give you guys an update on my expereince on Lake Sinclair. There was alot of rec boaters out there - skiing, tubing, etc. so our fishing was just at random in between beers. We caught alot of small cats and bream in the shallower (5ft) water on crickets and one nice cahaba that i found on the ground. I caught about 6 different fish with the same worm. my buddy hooked up a nice bass, but the line broke as we got it to the boat because we didnt have a net at the time. we took a pool noodle with about 20 ft of line on it and hooked one of the small bream to it. we left it out at a spot we could remember and then went back in the morning. We saw the pool noodle moving around a bit so we knew we had something. pulled up a good sized cat which also got off the line when he rolled at the surface.

nevertheless, we enjoyed cruising around and checking out alot of nice realestate on the shoreline. got to hang with some pretty good guys so i have no complaints.