Taking kids fishing

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

LucWilliams

Taking kids fishing

Post by LucWilliams »

Been quite awhile since I've posted, it's not as easy to fish once you got a full time job! My Dad and I have been catching a fair share on topwater when we can get out and find areas with limited floating grass. I'm gonna dump a bunch of pictures from our last few trips. A couple of the trips have really been awesome with us taking my nephews. My Dad and I each brought our boat and took my sister's whole family a couple weeks back. Caught flounder, Spanish, over slot reds, trout, etc. This was a live shrimp day with the kids. My 5 year old nephew caught a 19 inch trout all by himself on the flats to cap off the day. It is really awesome to watch a kid learn to love fishing more and more with each tug of the line. We spent the last week in sea grove beach and there's a couple pictures from that as we caught several slot reds. Anyways, here's the pictures.. Tight lines! Probably fishing tomorrow, just trying to decide if we wanna target poons or reds and trout.

And now here's something to make the tarpon fisherman of our area drool.. From a college buddy well west of our area who has had a good season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
leesburgga

Re: Taking kids fishing

Post by leesburgga »

Great report and great times!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Great catches. Your nephew is really cute, but he didn't look too impressed with the shark! Glad yall caught some fish.
Yours in the South
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

GREAT pictures, thanks for posting -- lots of smiles there!!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice work Luc :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
luceror
Site Sponsor

Post by luceror »

Cool report!! Those are some nice fish pics!