Keaton scalloping 7/19/14

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Keaton scalloping 7/19/14

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

We let my son invite a friend over to go scalloping with us today. Got up this morning and checked the forecast. This is what it said. Image. Despite the chance of rain we decided to try it anyway since the seas were light. Picked up some squid to let the kids play with some sharks. Image. Was almost calm heading out the canal. And of course my wife has to feed the gulls. Lol. Image. My sons friend caught his 1st shark and man he was excited. Image. And his second. Image. After that it was time for a swim. Even though the skies were pretty clear we knew rain would come at some point. The scallops were a little scattered(or maybe all picked up already) but we found them. Moved a couple times and we should have stayed at the second spot. Image. We did a little scallop trolling. Lol. She got a gallon doing that. We wound up shucking 3 pints. Image. We were going to go back to the second spot but we noticed a major rain cloud heading our way. And we figured we better get to the ramp before the crowd. Image. Of course that did not exactly work out. The ramp was an absolute zoo. Between the 3 boats broke down and the line of trailers out the parking lot waiting to load up. It took about 30 minutes to get loaded. Image. Image. I felt sorry for the ones still out there. Image. It came a bad storm with lots of lightning just as we started down the road to Perry. But I had a great day with my family as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
charlie tuna

Re: Keaton scalloping 7/19/14

Post by charlie tuna »

As usual, GREAT report! Thanks Looks like all enjoyed the day!!
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

When my boat gets ready, I will need to borrow your lucky charm! Good report! :thumbup:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
leesburgga

Post by leesburgga »

Thanks for the report and I enjoyed reading it. Always enjoy seeing kids catching fish. I always just tell myself that the extended ramp time is just all part of the scallop experience.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

MudDucker wrote:When my boat gets ready, I will need to borrow your lucky charm! Good report! :thumbup:
PM me when you do. I'll let you know where to go. We would have went back to the second spot and finished our limit if not for the weather. :-D
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

leesburgga wrote:Thanks for the report and I enjoyed reading it. Always enjoy seeing kids catching fish. I always just tell myself that the extended ramp time is just all part of the scallop experience.
Normally we go out and come in before the crowd, but the inclement weather threw a wrench in the works. :smt012
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

I tried to send a pm, but it never went thru... How about giving another GA boy some numbers? I'm taking the kids down Friday.. Thanks, Hope to meet some of y'all one day!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

redbelly7 wrote:I tried to send a pm, but it never went thru... How about giving another GA boy some numbers? I'm taking the kids down Friday.. Thanks, Hope to meet some of y'all one day!
Check your inbox.
Teachers Pet

Post by Teachers Pet »

Thanks for another great report, no specifics but did you find scallops north or south? The Big Grassy scallops were thin on Tuesday but the weather was also bad. I manged to scrap a 2 man limit near Dekle.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Teachers Pet wrote:Thanks for another great report, no specifics but did you find scallops north or south? The Big Grassy scallops were thin on Tuesday but the weather was also bad. I manged to scrap a 2 man limit near Dekle.
We have gone north every trip. Have not even checked my spots south yet.