July 26th fishing and scalloping Keaton beach

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

July 26th fishing and scalloping Keaton beach

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Daniel and I invited a 1st timer with us today. We got to the landing at 7:30 and headed out. It was a little rougher than we had hoped. Image. We tried fishing down around Addams beach for a while. The fishing was so slow we were happy to catch trash fish. I wound up catching one keeper trout and a blue. At 10:00 we decided to get in the water. I talked to Breambuster who said his family would be down around lunch. Hope they did better than we did on the fish. We moved around a bunch today looking for scallops. And we did a little scallop trolling. LolImage. Image. It took a while but we shucked our 3 man limit. Image. Image. Fun day on the water as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Hit-n-Miss on July 26th, 2014, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hit-n-Miss

Re: July 26th fishing and scalloping Keaton beach

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Image. Final cooler shot before we started cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

It was a nice day. Thanks for the pictures.

I moved hay all day. Wish I could have been on the water.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Teachers Pet

Post by Teachers Pet »

Glad the scallops worked out for you. It was tough today we launched at 9:00 and took out at 5:00 wound up with 11 keeper trout nut couldn't find the last four. We never got in the water to look for scallops. The wind was 15+ all days and the fish were scattered.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Teachers Pet wrote:Glad the scallops worked out for you. It was tough today we launched at 9:00 and took out at 5:00 wound up with 11 keeper trout nut couldn't find the last four. We never got in the water to look for scallops. The wind was 15+ all days and the fish were scattered.
Wow how did you catch the trout? We sure could not get them. The scallops seem to be getting picked over pretty good. They are getting thin.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

SS-342 wrote:It was a nice day. Thanks for the pictures.

I moved hay all day. Wish I could have been on the water.
I invited a farmer friend of mine and he said he had too much work to do too. I worked hay as a teenager, man what a hot dirty job.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Anyone else on here out there yesterday? How did you end up Breambuster? Hope to see a big picture of Calvin's fish. :-D
Teachers Pet

Post by Teachers Pet »

Gulp under cork with 40" leader in 5'-6' water , the 24" leader was not working, only two caught all day on live pin fish
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

[quote="Teachers Pet"]Gulp under cork with 40" leader in 5'-6' water , the 24" leader was not working, only two caught all day on live pin fish[/quote} That's what I was doing. Guess I never hit the right color. O well. Glad you got them. :-D
charlie tuna

Post by charlie tuna »

Great report, thanks for posting !
fishfalcon

Post by fishfalcon »

I fished Shell Point Saturday morning and the trout fishing was really tough there. I caught one 15.5" on a pinfish. We did find some fishing crashing baits and I threw a subsurface bait and had about 20 minutes of great fishing before the thunder rain us off. We caught jacks, ladies, a spanish, and short trout.
jslorenz3

Post by jslorenz3 »

We went to the Hatch on Saturday. Between a boat of six people, we only found between 40-50 scallops. Getting pretty thin out there. We moved around a bunch and talked to other people with the same results.
Scalp 'em Noles!
FSU Class of 2016
Civil Engineering Major