Share your trolling rigs

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

timmy0257

Share your trolling rigs

Post by timmy0257 »

After a fun trip offshore this past weekend, we did some trolling with the gear we had on the boat and had a good time so i would like to better prepare myself the next time we go. Please share your trolling rigs that you all use. Also, any tips are appreciated.

What got me so pumped for this was my brother in law caught a wicked looking cobia trolling around dog ballard with a stretch 25+ diver. it was a smaller fish, but that was my first experience with that.

thanks for always offering such great advice, everyone.
neckmoe

Re: Share your trolling rigs

Post by neckmoe »

We'll usually run a Stretch30 or 25 close in right behind the boat and one or two BallyHoo rigged with a King Duster farther out on top the water. Would like to try trolling some bigger stuff but haven't gotten there yet. I hear the bite is on over towards Destin and P'cola for trolling.
I don't know when I'm gonna catch my next fish but I know when I do it's gonna be awesome!
redcodefsu

Post by redcodefsu »

neckmoe wrote:We'll usually run a Stretch30 or 25 close in right behind the boat and one or two BallyHoo rigged with a King Duster farther out on top the water. Would like to try trolling some bigger stuff but haven't gotten there yet. I hear the bite is on over towards Destin and P'cola for trolling.

What kind of rod/reel setup do you use?
2003 Key West 1720
2004 90 hp 2-stroke Yamaha
1950's Grumman 17' Double Ender
neckmoe

Post by neckmoe »

redcodefsu wrote:
neckmoe wrote:We'll usually run a Stretch30 or 25 close in right behind the boat and one or two BallyHoo rigged with a King Duster farther out on top the water. Would like to try trolling some bigger stuff but haven't gotten there yet. I hear the bite is on over towards Destin and P'cola for trolling.

What kind of rod/reel setup do you use?
For the diving plugs I like something a little sturdier like a bottom rod, preferably with a roller tip, and a Penn 4.0 or a Shimano TLD 25. For trolling the natural baits on top I like a spinning combo like a Penn Slammer. Have used Shimano Baitrunners as well. Would welcome anyone else to share their setups.
I don't know when I'm gonna catch my next fish but I know when I do it's gonna be awesome!