Salute to All Veterans!

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Salute to All Veterans!

Post by MudDucker »

Happy Veterans Day and thanks for your service. Without those willing to fight, freedom would perish! salute3

I sure miss my old veteran Dad. He served in the island hopping group in the So. Pacific in WWII. He was slated to be in the invasion of Japan, until we dropped a couple of bad boys on them. You would never get him to say anything bad about the atomic bomb and he never wanted to buy a Japanese product after fighting them. salute3
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Ken_80

Re: Salute to All Veterans!

Post by Ken_80 »

Happy Veterans Day and a special thanks to all of you, especially my father who served with the 1/3 Marines Vietnam 67-68
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Mighty kind of you two, thanks.

A lot of things go through a persons mind. We all talk about country and I do love my country. ( I might even think more of it after this last election, well see.) I remember at the time I served that I gave it some serious thought as to why I joined. First, either you joined or got drafted and I didn't want to be in a fox hole, I went into submarine service, my love ever since reading the book "Torpedoes Away, Sir!" . Getting back to my thoughts at the time, It all came down to family. If I could give myself to help or protect my family, well, it was worth it.

Country was on the short list but not number one.

…but, the older I get the more appreciative I get of those who serve or have served.

To all you that are in service and who have served……thank you and God Bless You and yours.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Veterans deserve appreciation for serving the people of the USA and the planet.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.