Catching report

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ertauber

Catching report

Post by ertauber »

Fishing is great but catching is better. Haven't seen many actual fishing reports so I figured if I report mine others may follow.
Been fishing the area around the Fort on the two rivers and catching lots of fish. Mangrove snappers very abundant, black drum, reds some legal,trout, ladyfish,sheepshead and two weeks ago caught a 30" tarpon. Got that one a mirrolure catch 2000 twitching very slowly. All of the others on live shrimp. Some on the outgoing tide some on the incoming. Water temp between 59 and 71 depending on the spot.
Haven't heard anything about the flats or oyster bars from lighthouse to Stoney Bayou. Anybody getting action out there? Weather settling down so the water may be getting calmer.
Love to hear from y'all
timmy0257

Re: Catching report

Post by timmy0257 »

hopefully going out next weekend and will be sure to report
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Stoney Bayou today was 90% trout, 10% water.
spothogg
Site Sponsor

Post by spothogg »

Buddy and I fished from mouth of East River to flats off the light house. Out in front of the light house was most productive with lots of trout. Live shrimp worked the best for us today. Water temp ranged from 68 to 71.
ertauber

Post by ertauber »

Thank you all for the nice and humorous replies.
spothogg
Site Sponsor

Post by spothogg »

Did you land the tarpon? I've never hooked one before. That would be one heck of a surprise!
ertauber

Post by ertauber »

yes I did land the silver beauty. Still seeing a few yearlings rolling in the river but no hits. Did hook into a monster something(?) but got cut off on barnacles. If the winds stay down planning to try the flats mentioned above. Anyone fishing the oyster bars at either St Marks mouth or Ochlocknee river?