ISO: Econfina Report

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

troutfisher07

ISO: Econfina Report

Post by troutfisher07 »

Looking to see if you guys may have some Econfina reports for the trout bite in the last couple weeks. I am planning to come down the weekend of April 3rd and wanted to check and see how it's going. We should have two more weeks of warm weather which should make it even better however still a tad curious...

Thanks guys! Can't wait to get back down! Bout to cry thinking about it!! Lolol!!
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Re: ISO: Econfina Report

Post by RHTFISH »

Got trout limits of mainly 16.5 to 18.5 on Thurs and Friday afternoons having to wait for water to get out. Water temp from 71-73. Got out early this am and got another limit in water so still had to run electric motor to move. Got a couple yesterday afternoon before wind and sea fog ran everyone in. :o Tried reds early this am with no love. Trout are full of eggs and very healthy. Water is still very dark. Gulps and a few on suspending baits.
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

Key depth if you dont mind me asking? And I've heard just a few report color preference didnt play a big role but I know alot of time a sutle change can make the difference. Thanks.
Flatsbroke
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

4 feet. Find the grass and you will find the fish.
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

Thank you,Sir. One of the 2 guys going has never been so it would be nice to put him on some fish. Looks like we may battle some rain and chop on Sat. but at least we'll get away and have 2 more days of it. We all know how our great forecasts are subject to change. Thx,Dawg.
Flatsbroke
flatsbroke
Site Sponsor

Post by flatsbroke »

Check your pm inbox,ugadawg.
Flatsbroke
troutfisher07

Post by troutfisher07 »

Thanks a lot guys! Like I said, planning on heading down not this weekend but next. Hopefully weather will permit.

I will assume that with all of the rain lately and dark water conditions Pearl White Gulp (shad or shrimp) will prob be the ticket...

If someone goes this week or this weekend, drop me a line!

Thanks guys! Be safe!
EconfinaTripod

Post by EconfinaTripod »

Here's the latest.

Out today with trout limits before the winds blew up around 3pm.

headed east to long point, out 4-5 feet, drifted pearl white gulps on Cajun thunders.

REMEMBER to pay the 2.00 park entry fee. New self pay box at the end of the pavement. Poor sole got a ticket today for non payment.

Carry on............
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

So now $2 in addition to $5 launch fee?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Dubble Trubble
Site Sponsor

Post by Dubble Trubble »

Redbelly wrote:So now $2 in addition to $5 launch fee?

No, just 2 bux. We gave them 5 today, because we did not see the sign before the box. Heck, we could not find the box for a few minutes, then saw it way back up at end of pavement. Don't mind though.

Fishing for us was was blah. Went toward Rock Island, stayed in 4 to 5 ft. Water temp was 72-75. Two keeper trout and a spanish. But a great day on the water!

Dubble :thumbup:
The more I know about something, the more I know that I did not know as much as I thought I knew that I knew.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

It's my understanding that now they are charging everybody who enters the park $2.00 and not charging for the use of the ramp. So instead of the boaters paying $5.00, everyone is paying $2.00. Is this correct?
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

$2.00 per car up to 4 people no ramp fee
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
troutfisher07

Post by troutfisher07 »

Dubble Trubble wrote:
Redbelly wrote:So now $2 in addition to $5 launch fee?

No, just 2 bux. We gave them 5 today, because we did not see the sign before the box. Heck, we could not find the box for a few minutes, then saw it way back up at end of pavement. Don't mind though.

Fishing for us was was blah. Went toward Rock Island, stayed in 4 to 5 ft. Water temp was 72-75. Two keeper trout and a spanish. But a great day on the water!

Dubble :thumbup:
Spanish already? Wow! Sounds good! We used to fish toward rock island years ago, last couple years always fished left of the mouth... But I guess 4-5 ft on a grass line will do the trick! Pearl white shrimp or jerk shad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
troutfisher07

Post by troutfisher07 »

Spanish already? Wow! Sounds good! We used to fish toward rock island years ago, last couple years always fished left of the mouth... But I guess 4-5 ft on a grass line will do the trick! Pearl white shrimp or jerk shad?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote]

Right of the mouth rather^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk