Choctawhatchee Bay 4-18

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Nambleman

Choctawhatchee Bay 4-18

Post by Nambleman »

Hey all, decided to make a quick weekend trip to Santa Rosa beach...uncharted fishing grounds for me. Originally intending to launch the kayak in the surf and troll for spanish and kings since the reports have been pretty good, but with the nasty weather that was moving in, I got some local advice and decided to hit the bay instead. Picked up some shrimp and ly's and was on the water by 2p. Only a few other boaters at the ramp that had just come in and with no fish to show, I thought it was gonna be slow...boy was I wrong. Water conditions were warm, clear and calm with a slight breeze out of the southwest. Decided to paddle out of the bayou to where the bay opens and fish a point that I thought looked fishy. No bites until about 4p...It was like somebody hit a light switch for a solid hour. Made it back to the truck by 6:30p. Wore 'em out!

28"

25"

26.5"

25.5" and a 17" trout
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Choctawhatchee Bay 4-18

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Nice. Great report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Great time!
Nice Reds :thumbup:
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Plastic fantastic.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat