Econfina 5/1/15 clip

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Econfina 5/1/15 clip

Post by RHTFISH »

More footage captured with the GoPro....had to edit out a few minutes as I was caught in an open mic moment! :o

Cool and breezy early and progressively windy during the day and little love from the fishes. Water started at 69.5 and rose to 75 by mid afternoon. We wound up with some flounder with one caught on both cork rigs at once. A few sea bass and one keeper trout was hardly enough to stink the YETI. :-D We fished from the Rock Garden to the #1 rack.

https://youtu.be/kcJ2DeVpjx0
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Re: Econfina 5/1/15 clip

Post by Redbelly »

Could you see bottom?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
RHTFISH
Site Sponsor

Post by RHTFISH »

The water appeared somewhat clearer behind Cobbs Rocks than anywhere else but little cover on the bottom.
Other places it seemed at times there was more visibility but not to the point of actually seeing the bottom.
One of my neighbors told me Sat night he fished straight out from river and found some spots where he could see the bottom fairly well. He and his wife had caught numerous shorts.
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

i was able to see the bottom where i was fishing on Wednesday and i was east of the river in 4.5' to 5.5'
the water was not clear but when we pass over sand you could see light spots
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

The rock garden is starting to clear up. I'm hoping for a good scalloping season.
The Back Porch