Verado 350 ?

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Sneaky

Verado 350 ?

Post by Reel Sneaky »

Looking into buying a Verado 350. Anyone have any experience with them? The 400 is available but based on racing and warranty not as good as the 350.

Thanks
RS
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Verado 350 ?

Post by silverking »

I've tested two boats with them for Salt Water Sportsman--a Boston Whaler Outrage and the new Scout 420. The Whaler had twins while the Scout was rigged with quads.

The engines are very quiet, great on gas mileage and powerful throughout the range. Serious engineering employed in the design. I was impressed. The trade-off for the additional 50 horses for the 400 versus the reduced warranty and extra cost is probably not worth it for a couple years anyway.

Are you doing a re-power or buying a new boat with the 350 as an option?
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Reel Sneaky

Re: Verado 350 ?

Post by Reel Sneaky »

silverking wrote:I've tested two boats with them for Salt Water Sportsman--a Boston Whaler Outrage and the new Scout 420. The Whaler had twins while the Scout was rigged with quads.

The engines are very quiet, great on gas mileage and powerful throughout the range. Serious engineering employed in the design. I was impressed. The trade-off for the additional 50 horses for the 400 versus the reduced warranty and extra cost is probably not worth it for a couple years anyway.

Are you doing a re-power or buying a new boat with the 350 as an option?
Thank you. New build and I can buy the engine at what is pretty much an unheard of price without rigging for well under $19K with extended warranty.