Panacea 10-17-15

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Red Dawg

Panacea 10-17-15

Post by Red Dawg »

After about a month break from saltwater, my son and I left the freshwater ponds and went looking for Reds again. We did pretty good through the summer but August was terrible. Hit the water around 9:30 on an outgoing tide. Air temp was around 67. No idea what water temp was. First cast with a frozen shrimp hooked a 24" FAT red that drug my kayak around for 15 minutes. Got him in the boat and went looking for another. Never found one but was happy to have one in the cooler. Met back up with my son and as usual the punk had outfished me! Had 2 nice 22" reds in his cooler. At least my 1 was the biggest. Awesome morning on the water!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Panacea 10-17-15

Post by DixieReb »

Nice!
Yours in the South
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Do you guys ever kayak in Dickerson Bay? It looks good.
Yours in the South
Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

I fish Levy Bay pretty often, have decent luck there in the creeks. Haven't caught anything out of Dickerson but catfish and stingrays.
Red Dawg

Post by Red Dawg »

We fish all around what I'd call Dickerson bay. Pretty much from Levy to Purify creek. All have produced but just when I think we've got them figured out, we can't catch a thing. I do wish I was a site sponsor and could post pics. We've done well for only living here a year. I'd say at least 20 keeper reds between us. One 26 3/4". Only time the man has been at the landing!! Barely squeaked in the slot.
Red Dawg

One of his best

Post by Red Dawg »