creeks and rivers

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

NAvery

creeks and rivers

Post by NAvery »

I have had good luck catching both trout and reds in St . Marks river, Econfina river and the past weekend in the Steinhatchee river but not in any creeks yet. So my questions are how far up river do fish move I have been staying close to the mouth but still in the river. The only luck I have had in any creeks is at Dallas creek. It produced some good trout. So my second question is what is some advice on what to look for when trying to fish creeks? I did learn a valuable lesson be careful who you take fishing, it is easy for someone to say they know a stretch of water, my first clue should have been the name. Rocky creek I should have never tried it, didn't get a single bit, and found a rock and ruined my prop!
Just a Guest

Re: creeks and rivers

Post by Just a Guest »

I'm not the expert by any means, but from what I read on these reports, it sounds like they make it up a good ways. People are always talking about fishing up past the fort. However, I know a guy who claims the big trout still patrol the open waters since it's so shallow here in the big bend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

They should be about 3 miles upriver past the fort, that's where they were this time last week. But scattered.
Yours in the South
cast-n-stone
Site Sponsor

Post by cast-n-stone »

Thanks for the post. Thinkin bout hittin Icky this weekend. Last good cold snap was there and trout were in river, creeks not so much.
TeamBaitworm

Post by TeamBaitworm »

I have done great this year in the creeks east of the lighthouse (granted its only the third week of the year). Limits of reds and nice sheepshead, with some trout every trip. Since we got surface water temps under 60 degrees they have consistently been in the creeks.