Red tournament in Steinhatchee

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Red tournament in Steinhatchee

Post by Jumptrout51 »

Anyone fishing this in Steinhatchee?
http://floridaproredfishseries.com/http:/
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Red tournament in Steinhatchee

Post by Steve Stinson »

Stinson is in as long as his partner pole a boat.... :-D
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

NOPE!
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

several of us from the club are fishing. George and I are fishing. Chris is fishing with Will. Hobbs is fishing with Showman, Bushatz and Castleberry, and Tran is fishing with someone.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Congratulations to Jimmy Milton and George Goodson for the 3rd Place finish in the Steinhatchee Redfish tournament. :thumbup: That was a tough day of fishing for sure. Taylor and I only managed to bring one small red to the weigh in.
milto
Site Sponsor

Post by milto »

Thanks Steve! What's crazy is that we had the 2 reds we weighed by 7:30am and only caught one more the rest of the day. Saw plenty of fish but couldn't get them to eat. By the time we saw them it was too late.
noleswin

Post by noleswin »

The bite was definitely crazy. We caught 2 in a 15 minute span around 1pm. That was the only 2 bites we got. I blame the 2 boats that dredged the bottom right in our float path when we went up to redrift (They were loaded with about 6 people each who had been waiting on enough water to get to the creek to fish for trout I guess.)Then 3 airboat tours came right behind them. But who knows. :smt011

I was the guy fishing with Tran.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I am sure my partner and I remember Saturday's events differently but, what I remember is putting my partner on fish all day long and he could never hook up.
We had under sized reds, slot reds and bull reds chasing lures as I poled the boat all day.
Once I put the push pole down and made a cast I hooked and boated a 19 inch red.
In retrospect, I probably should have fished more and poled less.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Jumptrout51 wrote:I am sure my partner and I remember Saturday's events differently but, what I remember is putting my partner on fish all day long and he could never hook up.
We had under sized reds, slot reds and bull reds chasing lures as I poled the boat all day.
Once I put the push pole down and made a cast I hooked and boated a 19 inch red.
Any video proof of you poling the boat? That is something i'd love to see. And trolling motor poling doesn't count! :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

I can post pictures of my blisters.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I had a track meet all day Saturday, but got out Sunday to the spot I would have fished. No monsters, but hit a school of 25-26 inchers. Weighed & released the fattest one (6.7 lbs). Anybody have results? I want to find out how depressed I should be for not retiring from coaching this year.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Results are on their site for all their divisions florida pro redfish series.u have to have a min 18 gal live well to i believe
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

The livewell requirement can be overcome with a cooler and a bilge pump rigged to circulate the water. Several of us used that method, not to mention some last minute rigging of running lights....
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Jumptrout51 wrote:I am sure my partner and I remember Saturday's events differently but, what I remember is putting my partner on fish all day long and he could never hook up.
Hmmmm....You did catch the only keeper red we had, but you could not have poled the boat any less. I seem to remember catching small reds while you sat with your hands in your pockets because "it was too cold to hold your fishing rod..."
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Uh, disregard my last post. An 18 gallon livewell would petty much sink my little canoe.