Saint Joe bay

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

livewildforlife

Saint Joe bay

Post by livewildforlife »

Looking for info on current fishing in st.joe bay particularly where the canal goes into the bay. If do not want to put updates on net feel free to text 334-685-4552. I got to fish in that area a few springs ago and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of catch. Now that only live an hour north of the coast I am planning on making as many trips down to the coast as I can this spring and fall. I'd prefer to not start using fuel funds though until I got some tips that bite starting to pick up.
livewildforlife

Re: Saint Joe bay

FYI I've made 2 trips so far to st. Joe bay. Definitely looking to find a partner or two cover the water in that area and others. 334-685-4552 or livewildforlife@gmail.com
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

How long ago did you fish the bay? Where did you fish generally? Has the water quality improved? The red tide situation was still bad when I went over there in December. Hopefully it's on the mend now.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
livewildforlife

I fished the bay 3 times between last Friday and Tuesday ranging from daytime to night. Water quality was marginal but improving over what it was the week prior which was just horrible. The fishing. was also marginal but slowly Improving. Hooked and lost my first spec for this season but was good fight and great sight. Hoping that fishing quality improves as spring proceeds especially going into may and June. I definitely need to find a partner or two to fish the bay with and also find other wading spots between cape San blas and pcb area. I highly would appreciate input on other decent shore based or wading fishing locations. I prefer to chase trout, flounder and reds when wading or stalking shore but open to any info and potential partners. Phone 334-685-4552
livewildforlife

FYI regarding the red tide I saw several black drum caught and schools of small bait fish so is say that area is likely at least entering I to recovery from the red tide.