April 9th 2016 NFGFC Tourney ROLL CALL

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

milto
Site Sponsor

April 9th 2016 NFGFC Tourney ROLL CALL

Post by milto »

The NFGFC April 9th, 2016 Tournament will be held out of the Econfina State Park
Anglers may launch from any ramp between Keaton Beach to St. Marks. Safelight is 6:47a.m.
Please review the rules at http://www.nfgfc.org/Rules.html
Entry forms are located at http://www.nfgfc.org/Payments.html

-Tournament entry fee is $20 per (2 person) boat for club members if you register at the meeting on April 2nd. $10 per each additional member (up to 4 anglers) All non members will pay an additional $5 on top of all regular member fees.

- You can also sign up using our easy online payments at http://www.nfgfc.org/Payments.html
** Sign ups will be acccepted in cash at the meeting or by paypal. Paypal payments will be accepted until safe light. If you are registering that close to safe light, we will go by the time the Paypal sends the email for verification. No exceptions will be made if registered after safe light.

-PLEASE BRING EXACT CHANGE FOR ENTRY FEES AND EACH OF THE SIDE POTS. At registration, those who have their forms filled out will be registered first.

Tournament Format: Weigh one person’s legal limit of Trout (15-20” with one over 20” permitted). The combined weight of each team’s limit of fish will determine the winner.

Side pots:
Big Trout - $5 per person, everyone on the boat must participate to win.
Big Redfish - $10 per person, everyone on the boat must participate to win.
$5 per boat, Most combined weight of all tournament fish (Trout, Red, Flounder, & Mystery fish) ***does not count toward angler of the year points***

Kevin’s Fine Outdoor Gear and Apparel, http://www.kevinscatalog.com/ will continue to offer a $50.00 gift certificate for the biggest Flounder at each North Florida Gulf Fishing Club Tournament for 2015

Thanks to Bevis Realty., http://www.bevisrealty.com/ for sponsoring the Mystery Fish for each month; Last months money and mystery fish are rolling over to this month and will be $100 for the largest Black Sea Bass

Thanks to our local Bass Pro Shops for sponsoring the redfish with the most spots with a $50 Bass Pro gift card.

Teams must be checked in by 3:30 pm on tournament day. There will be a sign in sheet that at least one member must sign off on before the 3:30p.m. check in time. The weigh-in will begin at 3:45 pm and teams will weigh their fish in the order of entry.

Who's In?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: April 9th 2016 NFGFC Tourney ROLL CALL

Post by Steve Stinson »

Not gonna make this one - My daughter is coming into Tampa from Colorado Springs so I am going down to see her. If anybody wants a grumpy old man to fish with, I have an extra. Just post your invitation on this forum with the headline "Attention Jumptrout" :thumbup: :-D . Good luck to all of you and stay safe.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

The kayak I plan to use for this one was designed as a one-person, but I took a chainsaw to the aft deck to make room for more gear. I'm sure JT could fit in there if he could work himself into a sitting Yoga pose.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Probably gonna miss this one to fish one out of steinhatchee that day.
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

Team Wharton Haas planning to fish this one!
Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Post by Hollywood »

Team Chasin Tail will be there minus myself, I have to close down the old Bass Pro Shops that night no way to get out of that but Daniel,Keli and Gavin will be there.
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Can't seem to find the location of the weigh-in?
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

weigh in econfina state Park by the boat ramp off of 98.
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

Bass Boys will pick up Ole Grumptrout. He knows ALL the good spots. See ya'll there. :thumbup:
gary z

Post by gary z »

Damn thought we were gonna draw straws for him. Patti and I will be fishing
gary z

Post by gary z »

Or a silent auction
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Williams Boys are in!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

So how did it go in the gale? Any results yet?
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
LucWilliams

Post by LucWilliams »

Another fun tourney and the first one for my gf. Enjoyed it guys.

SK-The morning was glass and then that 25 knot north wind showed up. I sight fished our best fish of the day right before we lost any chance of seeing their tails. Lost out to Droze on big red by about a half pound. I knew when we caught it that we needed a bigger fish as the one we caught was 25-26 inches. Lots of trout caught, total stringer winner went to Hobbs, Will Thompson and his wife. Congrats to all! I am out for the next several tournaments with bachelor parties and weddings but you may see Pops and Savannah fishing them!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the update, Luc. Sounds like you made a serious run at the redfish money. I got an insider report from Gary Droze. He's a potential ringer every time. Hobbs & Co. did well too. That new tackle bag must have brought good luck. :wink:

I was down in St. Marks installing some accessories on my skiff and loading my GPS data base. Barely a breeze to start, then it started howling. Exactly opposite of the forecast from Wunderground. I did a column on marine weather forecasting a few years back and it still amazes me/ticks me off that they can't be more accurate with their calls. They would probably do better if they actually went outside and looked instead of staring at the computer software.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat