Gary Droze named TCC women's cross country coach

This section is for our members to talk about things not actually about fishing or boating. However, please read the Code of Conduct before posting.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

spoton
Site Sponsor

Gary Droze named TCC women's cross country coach

Post by spoton »

Will he still have time to fish?
-----------------------------------------
Jordan Culver, Democrat staff writer 7:13 p.m. EDT April 18, 2016

Maclay cross country coach Gary Droze has been named the women's cross country coach at Tallahassee Community College. Droze, who will maintain his duties at Maclay, will be the first women's cross country coach in TCC's history. He said he's excited for the opportunity to begin a program from scratch.

"It’s really rare to have the opportunity to start everything from scratch at a place," he said. "I can take responsibly for everything from the get go. It's pretty exciting. It doesn’t happen that often."

Women's cross country will be the fifth sport at TCC, and the first addition to the program since the 1994. Droze will be able to hold practices after Aug. 1

"I'm extremely excited to welcome Gary to the TCC athletics family," said athletic director Rob Chaney in a statement. "He is well-known and highly-respected throughout Tallahassee's vibrant running community."

Droze started at Maclay in 1993. He said for now, he's content with growing TCC's program. He said even though the days will be "long" he's ready to be the head of both Maclay's group and the new Eagles team.

"I’ve been exposed to a lot of different levels of coaching," he said. "The real excitement comes from developing really interested, really motivated athletes. The allure of D-1 coaching is not something that appeals to me."
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Gary Droze named TCC women's cross country coach

Post by SS-342 »

Congratulations Gary, I know you will do very well. Looking forward to reading about you and the teams successes.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Post by Jumptrout51 »

In reading the thread title, I was expecting this to be a transgender conversion post.
Congrats Gary.
WHOSE FISH IS IT?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Congrats Gary
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

IS THIS THE SAME GARY THAT WADES AROUND WITH THE RATTLE SNAKES DOWN AT ST. MARKS LIGHTHOUSE PONDS?
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

From the pics I've seen posted on this site that may just solve the redfish "decline".
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by lordsfisher »

Yes, but he doesn't need to worry about the rattlers, the 13 foot gators keep them in check. :D I've never met Mr. Droze, but I was a runner back many pounds ago and I remember seeing Gary's race times. Very fast runner and also good a distinguished coach. Gary, congrats and best wishes for continued success.
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

congrats! They've made a fine choice for a coach
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Congratulations, Gary! They picked the right man for the job.

Now you'll just have to find time to sleep after teaching, coaching and fishing! ;-)
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

The Democrat article left off the rest of my quote...

"TCC cross-country team runs will be conducted daily on the levees of the St Marks National Wildlife Refuge. They will improve upper body strength by throwing cast nets for finger mullet and toting said mullet in bait buckets. Nutrition is very important, so we will obtain lean protein in the form of redfish, trout, and flounder (in addition to other mystery fish), ideally on the first or second Saturdays of each month, at various launch sites ranging from Steinhatchee to Port St Joe. I'm sacrificing precious fishing time to coach these athletes, but the rewards should be worth it, almost like winning cash."
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by lordsfisher »

ha ha classic!
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12