Any gheenoe owner???

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Ttt

Any gheenoe owner???

Post by Ttt »

I am in the market for a gheenoe or a kayak at the moment. I don't want to buy something that I will regret. If any members is willing to take me out for the day I will be very very THANKFUL to pay for all the expense. I have never fish out of a gheenoe it would be an experience before I make my decision. Thank u bbf u guys have been a big help to me.
reym

Re: Any gheenoe owner???

Post by reym »

Your best bet is to go to http://www.customgheenoe.com and post there, they have several rallies around the state
and you could ride all the several gheenoe models. you will meet a great bunch of guys.I myself have a super 16
but i live in Georgia.
Ttt

Post by Ttt »

Thanks for the suggestion. My schedule is pretty tight but It would be much easier to hook up with someone in town cause I have a little one that I have to take care of.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

I used to have one. They are very stable and in the creeks and rivers they are great. But I would not get on the flats unless calm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

We have one with limited use in the gulf and I pick my days. Never had any water to come over and have been in some rough situations. Big boats and large wakes made us buy our skiff. An air boat coming out of Dallus Creek almost swamped us once. I want to get a high whip with a flag on it before going in any tidal creeks from now on so hopefully we don't get ran over.

They are good for small lakes and rivers where larger boats don't go.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Ttt

Post by Ttt »

Thanks for all the reply.
Swampcreek

Post by Swampcreek »

Where ya from? I had one set up for stick steering. Some one stole my motor and broke me from wanting anything to do with it any more. I might sell it, it's just sitting in the yard. It's got bilge, blue led inside lights, led spot light, home made splash guard, and a front mount for trolling motor.
Swampcreek

Post by Swampcreek »

never mind ttt, i know ya
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

I have a couple of Riverhawks and really like their stability. I would not however take one in anything but protected waters of the gulf and then it would be close in fishing.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!