St George Island East Pass May 21 Report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

DEADLYMNM7
Site Sponsor

St George Island East Pass May 21 Report

Post by DEADLYMNM7 »

I was at East Pass from 12 pm to 5pm.
Beautiful weather. Water was a green clear. People were already there and 3 boats were sitting there very close to shore.
Light wind.
We ended up with two small Whiting and when we are about call it a day we caught a keeper pompano.
Next time may do night fishing instead.
2true

Re: St George Island East Pass May 21 Report

Post by 2true »

Usually by this time of year the Mackerel run is over. Got to get there sooner...
DEADLYMNM7
Site Sponsor

Post by DEADLYMNM7 »

I felt like the weather changed everything.
What is the time span for the Mackerel run?
What other fishes are available to catch?
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

We always hit it when the kids had spring break, usually right around Apr 1st some time. When the water is clear, and moving - still chilly, but not cold. Right around 70 seemed to be when they came through. Pompano were best at first light or right at dusk.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

Sunday 22nd, I put in at East Cove in the park and ran around the point there and toward the east end of the island.
We fished the grass in 3 to 5 ft of water and then fished out to 8 ft. of water.
Caught 4 catfish. Didn't even catch a ladyfish. It was almost dead low tide when we put in and then we fished for
about 3 hours. The weather was beautiful though and it was great just to get out on the water.