Pepper Fish Key Fishing Report

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hogfish24336

Pepper Fish Key Fishing Report

Post by Hogfish24336 »

I saw a few people comment about how nobody really puts their fishing reports on here anymore so I thought I would. Went out of cow creek (Dixie County) Saturday morning in the Gheenoe and my brother in law in his kayak. Fished the rising tide. Bite was fairly good. Caught the biggest two trout in the creek along with a flounder. Outside the bite was decent. Managed only to catch one short red ;-{. At the end of the day we had 7 keeper trout biggest 23" avg size 17" and two nice flounder. Definitely caught enough for several limits just many many shorts form 12-14". We were using Live Target scaled sardine and H20 mojo mullet. Best action was 3-5' depths on very spotted bottom. If any of you know that area the edges of the channel behind pepper fish was most productive. Id post pics but cant figure out how. Anyway tight lines everyone.
Last edited by Hogfish24336 on May 24th, 2016, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Re: Pepper Fish Key Fishing Report

Post by SS-342 »

Thanks for the fishing report. You did very well.

We have a 13 foot Gheenoe, what is the size of yours?
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
Hogfish24336

Post by Hogfish24336 »

1992 15'6" OL high sider I've named the Minnow. I bought it in 2001. 8hp Johnson and 42lb foot control trolling motor. My hope one day is to have a Low Tide customized for me. Until then it gets me where I need to go. http://i.imgur.com/vCRY1aJ.jpg
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Thanks, that little boat will give you the advantage of stealth. Something bigger boats can't always do.
Yours in the South
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Thanks for posting. Nice rig and good catching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk