2016 CCA STAR Underway

This is where you can Promote, Talk about or Plan Tournaments.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

2016 CCA STAR Underway

Post by silverking »

Fishing officially began yesterday morning and one tagged redfish was caught in Navarre. By an angler NOT registered, costing him a fully-loaded GMC pick-up. The fish was released, though.

Don't miss out on the chance to win that truck, or one of several boats and college scholarships. You have to be registered to win and you have to be a current CCA member to register. Lots of other prizes available in the other divisions as well.

http://www.ccaflstar.com

Fish all summer up until Labor Day. At least 4 tagged reds swimming around in each coastal county, including across the Big Bend.

Last edited by silverking on June 1st, 2016, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: 2016 CCA STAR Underway

Post by silverking »

The first official redfish catch was recorded this past weekend by a NE angler fishing near St. Augustine. The 25-inch tagged red was caught in the backwaters of the Guano River on a chunk of mullet. The catch has been verified and that lucky angler will be driving home a brand new fully loaded GMC Sierra pickup after the STAR awards banquet in October.

The next big prize up for grabs is a Contender 22 Sport powered by a Yamaha outboard. Or if a junior angler is the next to catch a tagged red, he or she will win a college scholarship.

You have to be registered to win. Don't be like several last year who caught tagged reds but didn't win squat because they weren't signed up.

http://www.ccaflstar.com
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

so why the wait period on awarding the prizes?

For some I understand (the drawings), but for numbered catch prices, doesn't make much sense to me..
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

Pretty cool tournament, some very nice prizes as well. I dont see anywhere on the website where it shows you how many tagged redfish have been caught so far, where did you get that information Silverking?
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

galantnole wrote:so why the wait period on awarding the prizes?

For some I understand (the drawings), but for numbered catch prices, doesn't make much sense to me..
Media event, sponsor promotion, photos, press release.
TomParis wrote:Pretty cool tournament, some very nice prizes as well. I dont see anywhere on the website where it shows you how many tagged redfish have been caught so far, where did you get that information Silverking?
If you are signed up, you get text and email alerts. I'm also on the media list.
tallykenj
Site Sponsor

Post by tallykenj »

I'm in.
The Back Porch