St. Marks

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wallisam

St. Marks

Post by wallisam »

I'm thinking of trying for trout in the a.m., any info on depth would be helpful. I'll be using gulp shrimp, and redfish magic, and pins if I can find any. thanks for any help.
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks

Post by Redbelly »

Don't forget eggs.

You can boil them in the water for a snack! :lol:

Just joking, good luck!
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
SS-342
Site Sponsor

Post by SS-342 »

Fish 8 feet plus water on the bottom.
SS-342
198DLV CS 115HP
13' Gheenoe 6HP
randymullaly

Post by randymullaly »

Pinfish are certainly abundant. I use a Sabiki (only three hooks to cut down on tangles) and use a very small piece of gulp on the hook). Can find the pins easily on the grass regardless of water depth. Suggest you fish 7' to 9' of water. Great place to start is around the stake lines. Just need to make sure you are fishing over grass. Suggest a deeper drop under your popping cork (5'). Also suggest a thin wire leader for running pinfish. No shortage of sharks and a pinfish breakfast is a favorite. Ill be fishing there Monday and will post a report. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
wallisam

Post by wallisam »

fished 8' to 10' early, only got ladyfish and sharks. tried 6' & 7' and caught about 25 short trout, only 1 keeper. plenty of sails, hardheads, and sharks. tried some old fishbites, shrimp flavor on 1 rod about 4.5' deep and had lots of action on that. I should have went back out to the 8', 10' and tried that before I left. not a bad day. thanks for the help.
hops

Post by hops »

when things are slow this time of year for trout. And to many trash fish I try 3" doa electric chicken and I troll 4 to 8 feet. I do well normally.
wallisam

Post by wallisam »

what kind of damage did St. Marks get? can a guy launch at the fort? thanks
UFBeef

Post by UFBeef »

wallisam wrote:what kind of damage did St. Marks get? can a guy launch at the fort? thanks
Yep, ur good..just be aware of all the crews working along the road, alot of downed power lines.