Who's catching?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

xXLoneBowmanXx

Who's catching?

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

After being on a fishing hiatus for the last few months (due to circumstances beyond my control) I'm planning on hitting the water this weekend. Is anybody catching Reds or trout in the St. Marks area? Not looking for locations just curious about how the inshore bite is these days. We are planning to target oyster beds and Creek mouths.
NOAA reports are the reason I have trust issues.
DEMON
Site Sponsor

Re: Who's catching?

Post by DEMON »

It's been good. The bite is on for both reds & trout. The cool weather this week is going to help it be even better. Good luck.
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

the bit is going good over this way back to the west
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

Awesome! Thanks, all! If nothing else it will just be great to be out there again!
Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

Been doing well on trout out of Lanark and Bottoms Rd. Haven't landed a slot fall red yet, but they're biting for sure.
Bullet

Post by Bullet »

We did well with the Reds and larger trout around the oyster bars a couple of weeks ago. I would guess it would be even better now.
We had a few Reds that were over slot, even a couple under but most were 22" - 27". Pins and patience.
Tight lines

Bullet
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

We fished three different spots in 2 days and caught fish at each location.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

Incoming tides or outgoing? Or did it matter? I'm hoping to get out on a slack tide early and fish until high tide.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

xXLoneBowmanXx wrote:After being on a fishing hiatus for the last few months (due to circumstances beyond my control) I'm planning on hitting the water this weekend. Is anybody catching Reds or trout in the St. Marks area? Not looking for locations just curious about how the inshore bite is these days. We are planning to target oyster beds and Creek mouths.
Did you get your boat back up and running?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

Salty Gator wrote:
xXLoneBowmanXx wrote:After being on a fishing hiatus for the last few months (due to circumstances beyond my control) I'm planning on hitting the water this weekend. Is anybody catching Reds or trout in the St. Marks area? Not looking for locations just curious about how the inshore bite is these days. We are planning to target oyster beds and Creek mouths.
Did you get your boat back up and running?

It's up and running but not "water-ready" yet. We are taking my buddy's boat, which was also out of commission for a little while (Not been a good boat year for us, lol). I'm still trying to decide if I want to put the money into finishing out my boat or just finding a new (used) boat at the first of the year.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

xXLoneBowmanXx wrote:Incoming tides or outgoing? Or did it matter? I'm hoping to get out on a slack tide early and fish until high tide.
I was at three different spots at different tides, but it just needed to be moving at the spots I was. Fished slack and the trout shut off for about 30 minutes.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
fishforfun

Post by fishforfun »

Four of us fishing last Saturday 8:30 am for 3 hours, falling tide; and then 2 hours, rising tide in the afternoon after 4pm....shrimp and nuclear chicken gulp were about equal catching, but less pin fish bother on the gulp. Water was murky, 79 degrees am , 81 degrees pm.

Fishing was better in the morning. Caught no less than 35 trout, but only one was a keeper at 16inches. Most were 12-14 inchers, a few were microscopic. Two nice Spanish 20/23 inches, one big sailcat, several ladyfish and a blow fish. Pretty strong north wind kept us close in on the flats west of the channel, but otherwise a very nice day after the hurricane to the east.
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

fishforfun wrote:Four of us fishing last Saturday 8:30 am for 3 hours, falling tide; and then 2 hours, rising tide in the afternoon after 4pm....shrimp and nuclear chicken gulp were about equal catching, but less pin fish bother on the gulp. Water was murky, 79 degrees am , 81 degrees pm.

Fishing was better in the morning. Caught no less than 35 trout, but only one was a keeper at 16inches. Most were 12-14 inchers, a few were microscopic. Two nice Spanish 20/23 inches, one big sailcat, several ladyfish and a blow fish. Pretty strong north wind kept us close in on the flats west of the channel, but otherwise a very nice day after the hurricane to the east.
Good report! After hearing all of this I am stoked to get out there!
jbearden

Post by jbearden »

We are thinking about heading to the SGI bridge tomorrow afternoon to do some fishing. Any recent reports?
xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

jbearden wrote:We are thinking about heading to the SGI bridge tomorrow afternoon to do some fishing. Any recent reports?
I was thinking I heard someone mention that they were catching them out there, but I can't remember who or when it was.