Econfina or Keaton Beach?

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Grassman24

Post by Grassman24 »

Headed down in the morning to either fish Econfina or Keaton Beach. Any suggestions? I like Econfina because of the number of creeks and oyster bars available, and some reports that I have heard from the north near Aucilla. But I also hear from friends that they are biting around Spring Warrior. Leaning toward Econfina unless someone can talk me out of it. Will post some results tomorrow night or Friday.
FishWithChris

Re: Econfina or Keaton Beach?

Post by FishWithChris »

Well, our next NFGFC (North Florida Gulf Fishing Club) tournament is less than two weeks away (March 4th) out of Walter B's store there in Keaton Beach.

Get as much pre-fishing in as you can and then head up to Beef O'Brady's on Thomasville Road in Tallahassee on the 2nd (that Thursday) at 7pm for the NFGFC March Club Meeting.

We'll have Capt Pat McGriff from Keaton Beach coming to talk and always has a ton of information on the area, along with quite a few giveaways!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
2Salty

Post by 2Salty »

doesn't sound to me like galantnole came anywhere close to answering your questions
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Image. According to the tides. Unless you have an airboat or a jack plate, won't have enough water to safely run out of Ecofina till 10:00 or 10:30. If going out that late anyway I'd go to Ecofina. If wanting to get out early id hit Keaton. Image.
Look forward to your report. Let us know what the water temp was thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Hit I bet I could get out way before 10 unless there's a North wind .
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

mpa_72001 wrote:Hit I bet I could get out way before 10 unless there's a North wind .
. Prob could but I don't feel safe unless I have 1.5' positive tide or better.

ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

If they are biting at spring warrior, they are probably also biting at Econfina.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

2Salty wrote:doesn't sound to me like galantnole came anywhere close to answering your questions
:lol: :lol: at least my input was related to the topic :roll: :-D

Hopefully you launched at Eco. That's the northern most launch point for March's tournament. Looking forward to seeing what you come back with!

Feel free to notate locations, gps coordinates, tackle used, pictures, etc.. :smt005
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Swampcreek

Post by Swampcreek »

well how did it go? thinking about hittin the icky sat or sunday.. Maybe st marks, but i don't know much about fishing there
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

galantnole wrote:
2Salty wrote:doesn't sound to me like galantnole came anywhere close to answering your questions

Looks like the troll came out from under his bridge again. 2salty, if you didn't act that way, you might have some friends. Just sayin
Last edited by Salty Gator on February 23rd, 2017, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Salty Gator wrote:
galantnole wrote:

Looks like the troll came out from under his bridge again. 2salty, of you didn't act that way, you might have some friends. Just sayin
You guys should really learn to ignore that guy !!!
Dixie Dawg

Post by Dixie Dawg »

mpa_72001 wrote:Hit I bet I could get out way before 10 unless there's a North wind .
You would have been hard pressed today to get out before 10. You might have but that north wind was STIFF. No water all day.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

How'd it go Grassman??

Grassman24

Post by Grassman24 »

Put in econfina around 3 and headed toward some creeks near aucilla. Fished hard near the mouth and around some oyster bars and got nothing. So i heaed out into the flats and started picking up trout in 3-4 ft of water. Water temps were 69-72. Used a bass assasin spinner but switched to a cotton cordell gold jerkbait. Ended up with a limit and threw back quite a few shorts. The wind was tough, at least 15 knots with gusts higher. Staying in perry tonight and gonna try econfina tomorrow but gonna head toward hickory mound area. High tide is at 1:30 so gonna wait til around 9:30-10 to head out. Hope thos helps. Will post how i do tomorrow.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Dixiedawg you'd be surprised what a tunnel will do and how shallow it will go.i get on a plane hold on lol.