The boat show. . .

All things having to do with boats, trailers, engines, electronics and accessories.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

The boat show. . .

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

So who is buying a new boat today? I like to look but not even thinking of buying a new one. I love my Kenner. I got one of the last ones on 07. I did up grade my stereo and gps in the last year. And had to buy a new trailer. Image. Image she's almost paid for. I could not imagine starting over on boat payments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Re: The boat show. . .

Post by Blue spinner »

that is the reason I did not buy a new 210BR keywest
at my age i could not justified $50,000 for a new boat so I got a pontoon boat for a lot less
and keeping my boat
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Blue spinner wrote:that is the reason I did not buy a new 210BR keywest
at my age i could not justified $50,000 for a new boat so I got a pontoon boat for a lot less
and keeping my boat
. Smart man. That's a great boat you have. I think most folks go to deep in debt trying to keep up with the Jones's. That's why I drive a 12 year old truck. And have a 10 year old boat. My duck boat is 54 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

They need to rename it as the Mo Money Show. I drooled over the Parker cabin model until I saw the sticker. That would slow my ability to retire by at least a year or so. Speaking of Mo ... my trip to Mo Betta BBQ for ribs did not disappoint! :thumbup:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
dropaline

Post by dropaline »

i saw a hewes at the show for 42,000.oo and thats why i bought a 1997 hewes (no wood) anf put new motor,great fish/chart plotter at less than half the price!!!!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Helped Shields Marina out by ferrying one of the display boats back to St. Marks. Brett Shields said it was the best show ever. Perfect weather-wise and apparently a lot of interest.

The days of boats costing $1,000 per foot are long gone. More like $1.5K per foot and even more on some models/styles. There's also a major push in the industry to add digital connectivity, improve reliability and make boat ownership more pleasurable. It seems to be working as sales are up overall and in Florida especially.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

silverking wrote:Helped Shields Marina out by ferrying one of the display boats back to St. Marks. Brett Shields said it was the best show ever. Perfect weather-wise and apparently a lot of interest.

The days of boats costing $1,000 per foot are long gone. More like $1.5K per foot and even more on some models/styles. There's also a major push in the industry to add digital connectivity, improve reliability and make boat ownership more pleasurable. It seems to be working as sales are up overall and in Florida especially.
Boat prices are ridiculous :thumbdown: Sooner or later, they are going to price themselves right out of business. Skeeterbite's new ride is costing more like $3k per foot AFTER all the discounts he gets for being a guide. For a recreational item that doesn't get me to work or home from work they are way out of line.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

It's a discretionary purchase, Steve, and the cost of raw materials/labor and everything else are going up just like other products. You paid more for your latest truck than your last one, didn't you?

Not saying they're not expensive and beyond many budgets. I was being conservative with the $1.5K mark. I'd say the average 22 bay boat now starts at $50,000 and some truly premium models like the Barkers easily top six figures for the base. The top custom flats skiff built by Hal Chittum runs $75,000. It's the economics of supply and demand. Builders are asking a lot and they're getting it in many cases because enough boating consumers want them and can afford to pay for those high sticker prices.

Besides, SkeeterBite is a rich retiree. He can afford it. :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Steve Stinson wrote:
silverking wrote:Helped Shields Marina out by ferrying one of the display boats back to St. Marks. Brett Shields said it was the best show ever. Perfect weather-wise and apparently a lot of interest.

Boat prices are ridiculous :thumbdown: Sooner or later, they are going to price themselves right out of business. Skeeterbite's new ride is costing more like $3k per foot AFTER all the discounts he gets for being a guide. For a recreational item that doesn't get me to work or home from work they are way out of line.
I was thinking the same thing a new 22' pathfinderT is well over 60k ( 70 w a half tower), contenders and yellowfin bays even more. I was thinking 3k a foot for a really nice bay boat. Barkers are in another category ( probably over 5k a foot). In 05 my boat was $34.500, Dale at big bend marine says he could get over 30k for my 10 year old boat( 2006 model) any day of the week now. Crazy
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

If the banks only financed for three or four years they would not be as many sold. That goes for cars and trucks as well.
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

My 20ft Bay ran about 1.5k per foot to silverking.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

SK? Is that 1.5k per foot unpowered? I wasn't even thinking about that earlier
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

My new G3 18 Bay DLX cost 1400 per ft
mpa_72001

Post by mpa_72001 »

Chill n grill I have the 20 foot Bay in a tunnel
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

KInda wish I got the 20 but the 18 handles great and pretty fast with the 115 vmax sho