April fooled the trout at Ecofina.

Use this area to post inshore fishing reports from the area. Please try to include relevant information such as:
Location, date, time, water conditions, weather conditions, baits, techniques, species caught, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Lavon, Zach and I got to the landing as the sun was rising. Got launched an headed out the river. Image. Decided to head down towards rock island and start fishing. We saw a large group of boats so I ran to a spot I have marked near them and started fishing. We got nothing there and after a while we moved further in. First fish was a Spanish. But after that it took a while to find what they wanted. I found one bag of gulp pogies in pumpkin chartreuse. And I started putting trout in the box. Blue spinner hailed me on the radio saying they were heading out and coming our way. Wished them luck and said talk to ya later. We had live shrimp and pinfish but they not bitting them. Decided to cut the pins into shiner tails and it was on. Zack caught his biggest trout ever at 22.5". Image. We finished our limit of trout and got ready to head in. Image. Saw a big school of rays swimming by. Image. Talked to spinner again and since he was about a mile away from us we went over to say hi. And then it was time to head in. Image. Saw someone waving us over so I stopped to see if he was in trouble. But come to find out it was Redbelly just saying hello. Nice to meet you hope you found the fish. And it was off to the landing. Saw a big gator at the landing. Image. It was a great day on the water today. Had a blast. Image. Water temp reached 75 today. Note to self fished Rock island flat ABC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
killswitch

Re: April fooled the trout at Ecofina.

Post by killswitch »

Good day for sure. :thumbup:
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Post by Blue spinner »

H-N-M thanks for the help and the pen fish
yall let me tell you about this man how great he is ,he said they had some shrimp left and ask if we want them
i said no cause all i catch with them is CATFISH , take them anyway so he pushed them off on me
so i decided to use one and yes what did i catch but a catfish not only one i tried it again same thing catfish
so i quit using them and i still caught catfish ,
but on the other hand he did give us some pen fish that my wife used and started to catch trout with them
that was the cut in half one then she caught a big blue fish she caught some more catfish also
all and all he is a good man
Greg thanks for your help it was good to see yall now i will have to catch pinfish for her from now on
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Nice to meet you Greg.
I found them :-D
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Blue spinner wrote:H-N-M thanks for the help and the pen fish
yall let me tell you about this man how great he is ,he said they had some shrimp left and ask if we want them
i said no cause all i catch with them is CATFISH , take them anyway so he pushed them off on me
so i decided to use one and yes what did i catch but a catfish not only one i tried it again same thing catfish
so i quit using them and i still caught catfish ,
but on the other hand he did give us some pen fish that my wife used and started to catch trout with them
that was the cut in half one then she caught a big blue fish she caught some more catfish also
all and all he is a good man
Greg thanks for your help it was good to see yall now i will have to catch pinfish for her from now on
. Glad you got some fish. Surprised you caught cats we not get one all day.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Redbelly wrote:Nice to meet you Greg.
. Glad I got to meet you too. Still not met but a handful of members. What you wind up with?

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

The shrimp would have just gone to waste. :)

Dixie Dawg

Post by Dixie Dawg »

Good day
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

Nice haul!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Went out there as well, didn't don't do as good as you on the trout, had 6 keepers, but we did get the reds, limit by 8:15, and bunch more, like to meet some of you on here, could have been right prob next to you and not no it
ImageImage

Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
. Glad I got to meet you too. Still not met but a handful of members. What you wind up with?

I got 4 trout, the 1 flounder, 2 16" reds so close to a slam. If I had a net man may have another nice trout and a bigger flounder.

That wind got up and made it tuff to fish the creeks with the incoming current.
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

kenfly wrote:Went out there as well, didn't don't do as good as you on the trout, had 6 keepers, but we did get the reds, limit by 8:15, and bunch more, like to meet some of you on here, could have been right prob next to you and not no it
ImageImage

. Y'all did good. I can't catch reds. I've tried.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Redbelly wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:

I got 4 trout, the 1 flounder, 2 16" reds so close to a slam. If I had a net man may have another nice trout and a bigger flounder.

That wind got up and made it tuff to fish the creeks with the incoming current.
. That's a good day. Yeah it's hard to net your own. I was surprised you were fishing alone.

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Anytime your fishing at Ecofina put your VHF on 14. That's where I keep mine and I believe Bluespinner does too. Spinner is the man. We were having motor trouble in my buddies boat down there and Bluespinner checked on us not once but twice to render assistance. We stop and speak at every opportunity. I usually try to hail members everytime I'm out on 14. Sometimes I get answers others not. Hail me. If I'm out there I'll answer. If I'm catching fish I'll tell you how I'm doing it. Heck I'll even tell you where I'm at. Most folks won't even divulge what color they are liking on that day. Much less where. See ya out there.

Flint River Pirate
Site Sponsor

Post by Flint River Pirate »

I'm glad you guys caught them!! Thanks for mentioning channel 14. Hopefully we can all start using it more.

Team Jolly Mon